What rocket is this

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Curtis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I did a level 1 with this rocket around 2000. Must have been Tripoli as there is no sign of an L1 with NAR. I suspect it may be an NCR kit. Any ideas what this is? Also, no sign of the brackets for retention. I was think of doing a certification flight at NSL this weekend. The nuts are too close to the body tube to use washers. I may have to tape the motor to the motor tube. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1
  • Retention.jpg
    Retention.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
I did a level 1 with this rocket around 2000. Must have been Tripoli as there is no sign of an L1 with NAR. I suspect it may be an NCR kit. Any ideas what this is? Also, no sign of the brackets for retention. I was think of doing a certification flight at NSL this weekend. The nuts are too close to the body tube to use washers. I may have to tape the motor to the motor tube. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

1699297066660.png1699297109652.png

Looks like an upscale of the Estes Sea Strike D

1699296722059.png

Last edited:
Concur with the comments above. Not a North Coast Rocketry kit, but an upscale. A single stage Sea Strike or an homage to the design.

Chas

Rocket R&D had a 4" and 2.6" Navy Strike, and I think that's what we are looking at here.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocket-r-d-and-thoy-prices-pictures-kit-specs-etc.49306/
5.JPG

6.JPG

Back