• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

What is this Rocket. Not the Wizard.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red Rocketeer

Reaction score
I've had this since the late 80s or early 90s. I can't figure out what it is. Nothing special but I'll probably try to restore it. It's a BT20 6 5/8 inches, three fins, streamer recovery, 18mm engines. Of course I didn't paint it factory. Just quick and easy for a launch. It's too short to be the Wizard.

Attachments

• FtHATuZuTL68WtCPL6WVyg.jpg
    FtHATuZuTL68WtCPL6WVyg.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 39
I'm no expert, but those definitely look like Wizard fins. Soooo I'm going to guess it's a.....shortened Wizard (possible due to some upper body tube damage?).

Last edited:
I'm not expert, but those definitely look like Wizard fins. Soooo I'm going to guess it's a.....shortened Wizard (possible due to some upper body tube damage?).
Hmm. Maybe. It's definitely not a standard size tube at that length. Dang though, I look at it and it's hard to tell if it's been cut down.

Spitfire222, your answer must be the correct one. One of the last times I launched for a bunch of kids in the 90s, I had a lot of damage by the recovery teams. They were very competitive about getting to the rockets first. Some of the rockets were crushed because they'd get stepped on.

Back