What Flew

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to go with a 38mm warp 9 - H699, H999, or I1299 specifically. An F240 is also a possibility, but that would have to be a fairly light rocket.

First hint :smile:

Look at the accelerometer velocity curve and the acceleration at the same time. Remarkably accurate. Also look closely at the liftoff burn time:wink:

No fair if you saw the flight :wink:

I'm going to guess a CTI K2045 in a short fat rocket, possibly a polecat thumper?

Manny

Rocketjunkie said:
The K2045 burns too long. Look at the burn time. There is only one certified motor with this burn time. :smile:

The burn time is 0.3 seconds, which is a pretty close match for the F240, as well as any of the aerotech 38mm warp 9 motors. Thus, there are several motors with that burn time.

(You're right about the 2045 though. It's a fun motor, but it burns substantially longer than this)

I'm going for an H669 first stage going to a G79 (Cessaroni Smokey Sam - not AT).

Sandy.

Edit: This thing lost velocity really fast between burnout of motor 1 and ignition of motor 2 and my estimate doesn't. Tons of drag on the first stage?

Last edited:
At that mass, the average thrust was around 600 Newtons, so I'd guess the first motor was an Aerotech 669. There was an airstart with a really wimpy motor, probably black powder based on the shape of the thrust curve, but the Raven didn't light it.

At that mass, the average thrust was around 600 Newtons, so I'd guess the first motor was an Aerotech 669. There was an airstart with a really wimpy motor, probably black powder based on the shape of the thrust curve, but the Raven didn't light it.
Close, but not quite.

The rocket is a LOC Viper 4.

Ah. With a 4-motor cluster, I'll go with 2 F240s to start, followed by 2 D12s as an airstart.
You got it! :D The D12's were started with Thermalite. I was amazed at how well the D12 burn showed on the accelerometer data.

Last edited:
Back