What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blew up my little Edmonds Arcee glider--my very first RCRG, over 2 years old now. I was CHAD staging D12 to E9. The staging worked smoothly, but the E9 blew up shortly after ignition. Tony Slajs captured the event on video.

Ari.

rIQDUd3d3D1jwAEG9jHhf1dBy9Kk5_0axYrIPfiDp6s=w309-h207-p-no

[video=youtube;5xQNJ_FWqls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQNJ_FWqls&hd=1[/video]

Wet sanded finish primer , then shot first color on Black Ops 38 - flat black & mini eagle claw - red for angry bird scheme.

Shot some finish primer on 4 inch V2 , still see some slight putty riidge from trying to hide where the boat tail mates up . Overall it has made huge strides my aeropoxy fillets were rough !

Had tried diluted putty over paper and CA covered fins , quick sand and glued them on the High Flier XL . Also glued in mmt and did internal fillets. Cut a 1.6 acme rail guide in half and mounted it also. Then mixed aeropoxy in very small batch with a dash of microballoons and a smidge of colodial sillica and got some fillets on one set of fins also.

Watched Wayco's deployment test videos - lets get ready to DD ! (Booming voice)

Kenny

Blew up my little Edmonds Arcee glider--my very first RCRG, over 2 years old now. I was CHAD staging D12 to E9. The staging worked smoothly, but the E9 blew up shortly after ignition. Tony Slajs captured the event on video.

Ari.

rIQDUd3d3D1jwAEG9jHhf1dBy9Kk5_0axYrIPfiDp6s=w309-h207-p-no

[video=youtube;5xQNJ_FWqls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQNJ_FWqls&hd=1[/video]

Ouch

I hope the rest of the event was fun

Ouch

I hope the rest of the event was fun

Oh yes, very much so. I'm sticking with my HPR vacation and flying smaller stuff. We're flying more of Leah's rockets. This is her very first rocket, as old as the Arcie, and still going strong today.

Arcie has had a good life, taught me much about RCRGs and has earned its rest in Valhalla.

Ari.

Finished the nose weight on my Minie-Magg. A wooden dowel, 6 oz of BBs, and Gorilla glue.

mmnw.jpg

I just placed an order with Semroc for -

Yung'un's Nuke, Snake Jumper, Red-Eye & Satellite Killer

Woot!!

And thanks to Blackbrandt (my not so Secret Santa) for the $25 Semroc gift voucher that went towards paying for this haul :)

Krusty

Decided that I needed to get out to get out of the funk I have been in...man was it expensive:

Printed a coupon for Hobby Lobby. Went in and grabbed a very nice piece of Basswood. Strolled by the rockets, knowing that I didn't have any money. QCC Explorer, marked down to $11.95..out came the Visa.
Slipped next door to Lowes for paint. Grabbed some black and yellow rattle cans.
Down the walk to Michaels with their coupon to grab a piece of balsa.
3 blocks to Harbor Freight. Grabbed a $59.95 drill press for cutting centering rings & bulkheads. Bad thing was I intended to pay with some gift cards that I got at Christmas. They don't accept AMEX Gift cards, so out came the Visa again.

I got home, stopped at the mailbox, low and behold the Speedy Stitcher had arrived. Sewed loops on 2 shock cords while Watching the idiot box after dinner.

Got home today and had a box waiting for me!

IMG_20130722_174618.jpg

2 Aerotech 18/20 RMS cases. Now I have 3! I now can load a 3 pack at home and spend more time launching at the field!

I got a good price from https://performancehobbies.com @ $25.59ea! That's about $10 cheaper each than most others have them for. My guess is they are blowing them out. They didn't have any reloads for them. I ordered them last Thursday and got them today! Not bad for across the country. :) (btw.. you can get the reloads from Aerotech directly for $9.99 a 3 pack)

Jerome

Decided that I needed to get out to get out of the funk I have been in...man was it expensive:

Printed a coupon for Hobby Lobby. Went in and grabbed a very nice piece of Basswood. Strolled by the rockets, knowing that I didn't have any money. QCC Explorer, marked down to $11.95..out came the Visa.
Slipped next door to Lowes for paint. Grabbed some black and yellow rattle cans.
Down the walk to Michaels with their coupon to grab a piece of balsa.
3 blocks to Harbor Freight. Grabbed a $59.95 drill press for cutting centering rings & bulkheads. Bad thing was I intended to pay with some gift cards that I got at Christmas. They don't accept AMEX Gift cards, so out came the Visa again.

I got home, stopped at the mailbox, low and behold the Speedy Stitcher had arrived. Sewed loops on 2 shock cords while Watching the idiot box after dinner.

Welcome back :D

Just placed another order at MadCow. Since their AV Bays are out of stock, I ordered a 4'x12" payload kit for the Patriot, along with an additional coupler and 1" band so I can build with the option of dual deploy in the future (Probably over the winter) for now I want to get my L1 and get a bunch of flights in. I think this year for xmas I'm asking for rocket related gift cards!

Cool. Where did you get the kit or are you scratch building it?

We like pictures BTW :)

It is a Scratch Built with parts from Semroc they had a list of all the parts needed for the build so in a way it was kinda a kit but without instructions... I wanted to build it this way since it had a Balsa Nose cone as aposed to the plastic one now shipping with the Alpha. will post pics,

Last edited:
Spend an hour poring over my Redstone Missile binder and various books, trying to figure out what the deal is with the early Redstone development rounds with the cylidrical, rather than tapered, warhead sections (the cylidrical ones are on top of a slightly tapered adapter, so the difference doesn't always jump out at you), and staring at photos to figure out when the change happened. No text source I can find acknowledges the change even happened. All the dimensioned drawings show the later version, but some of the early ones were set aside for training, and a friend measured one of those he found on display.

Peter Alway

getting ready for NYPOWER

putting some finishing touches on some birds I plan to fly there (painting, decals, shock cords, etc)

Sadly havent done anything on the Patriot or G-Force in a coupe days. That changes this afternoon, Sand, Sand, Sand, primer, sand primer sand!!!
Still have to decide on a paint scheme for the Patriot.

Latest posts

Back