What Became Of The Launch Pad TALOS???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont think I won't:) Big foam fins, naturally nose heavy...could be a winner, but I want to see his work first:)

Might have to PM him on this one... He's been offline for 10 days, who knows when he'll be back.

Pinging again, have you had a chance to fly this yet?

Hey burkefj,

Unfortunately no; it was scheduled several times over the last flying season and got scrubbed due to unfavorable winds and or weather. The Talos is ready to fly on a small H. I may use it to get my level 1 at some point. It was built primarily for my son as a way for us to spend time together.

As most teenagers, his interests have shifted in another direction. We are now learning to play music together (him guitar and me drums / mostly AC/DC).

This hobby is like a satellite in my life meaning that it moves close for a time and then gets further away. Therefore, I don't take it too seriously unlike others that haunt this forum. (you know who you are)

I enjoy your posts and your projects, you are a very talented builder and pilot. BTW, did you splurge for the Hellcat or the 392?

Kid:cool:

Kid, Mine is actually a stock 5.7 R/T but with a mopar hood/wing that came that way when I got it, it's plenty of fun for me. I also cycle through my hobbies, competetive shooting season is coming up but yes, I have been on a tear lately on rocket gliders. I think we'd all like to get a confirmation of how well the pivoting fins work so we can copy your homework. Your work is outstanding on this model!

Frank

Thanks...

I will be sure to get video...

When this pig flys...

Kid:cool:

Back