What are you watching?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateB

Reaction score
Twilight Zone tonight. Right now "Walking Distance"

"Maybe you haven't been looking in the right place. You've been looking behind you, Martin. Try looking ahead."

Last night, my wife and I watched the latest episode of "Jet Lag."

It's a YouTube series where the creators plus a guest or two make a game out of travelling different places around the world while completing challenges along the way. Each individual game is a new season, and they are currently up to their fifth, where they are racing from the northern end to the southern end of New Zealand, but they must unlock parts of the road by completing challenges at set locations.

It is easily one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen in recent years. It is really fun to watch these guys go through the challenges and travel to new places.

While the series is on YouTube, you can also watch it and a lot of other educational content on Nebula for $5/month. Each episode comes out a week early and there are no obnoxious YouTube ads cutting a speaker off in mid-sentence.

Many prominent educational YouTubers have been posting their content on Nebula as well. They don't get randomly copyright struck or demonetized by YouTube's infamous algorithm, they can post controversial content like RealLifeLore's "Modern Conflicts" series, and watching their videos without ads alone makes it worth the cost to me.

https://www.youtube.com/c/jetlagthegame
https://nebula.tv/

Just finished watching All the Light We Cannot See yesterday. Still need to get back to For All Mankind, that'll be the next project.

In the latest episode of the Curse of Oak Island, the team verified an artifact found on one end of the island associated with a notorious Captain Phipps, and verified a long tunnel running horizontally running through the Money Pit area at a depth of 108' on the other end of the island.

We are watching "Upload" on Amazon Prime. It is funny and somewhat inventive.

TV is predominantly tuned to either RUSSI ADIN, or Ukraine Information Marathon, 24/7 news coverage of petunia's "special military operation" from either the russian view point, or the Ukraine view point.
I DVR the programs I like to watch, but don't have much time to sit and watch them!

Last edited:
This anime season has been one heck of a banger, and between Crunchyroll and Hidive, my wife and I are keeping up with 21 shows.

All are good to different extents, but the real standouts to me are The Apothecary Diaries, Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange, Ragna Crimson, and Frieren: Beyond Journey's End.

I'm re-watching Farscape. I had recently finished most of the Stargate family of shows, then I found where I could watch Universe so I've been watching it. Universe is very different from the rest and not as much fun to watch. When I finish Farscape I'll probably resume Universe and finish it.
In a week the networks will be back with their new shows. There will surely be a few that we watch but I'm not sure what will be returning and what will be new.

After finishing Evangelion 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.0+1, I stumbled upon a Canadian series called “Cardinal.” I highly recommend it (at least the first season as that’s all I’ve watched so far) if not for the storylines, the cinematography is very well done. Good job Canada.

Universe is very different from the rest and not as much fun to watch. When I finish Farscape I'll probably resume Universe and finish it.
Beware, Stargate Universe only lasted 2 seasons and ends with a cliffhanger that was never resolved. I watched the first couple of episodes but after learning that, I dropped the show. There's not much point in getting invested in a story with no resolution, IMO.

We've been rewatching the first three seasons of The Chosen in anticipation of season 4 hopefully streaming in the next month or two.

Just finished up the last season of Foundation on AppleTV. I read the books as a teen so honestly don't remember much, but love the series.

Just finished up the last season of Foundation on AppleTV. I read the books as a teen so honestly don't remember much, but love the series.
/sigh

Sorry, I read and reread the Foundation trilogy several times in my life. One of the main things that stuck in my mind was Salvor Hardin saying that "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Instead of Salvor Hardin, we get her father saying that and Salvor being violent. I stopped watching after it became obvious that they had NO respect for the original books. Salvor being female instead of male didn't bother me. The change in ethnicity didn't bother me. Neither were critical attributes of the character. The change in basic philosophy of the character bothered me.

I was disappointed that the Foundation tv show was mostly about the "Empire" - Brother dawn.... The books were mostly about, well... the Foundation(s). Still it's interesting that the Empire was ruled had 3 brothers. Waiting to watch season 3.

Back