Well, I got a new job...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! I love trail riding myself. Have done up to seven-day rides. The usual place I used to ride at frequently would always get me to help with saddling the horses and assisting along the trail. I got the riding for free. The downside is that they gave the nice horses to the less experienced customers, so I got the cranky ones. They always ended the ride with me with good manners and and a smile. They appreciated someone who is kind to their backs and mouth and rides with confidence. A muesli bar as a treat works wonders too ;) . Much better for them all round.

One of my favourite quotes is "A canter is the cure for all evils".

Very nice! I love trail riding myself. Have done up to seven-day rides. The usual place I used to ride at frequently would always get me to help with saddling the horses and assisting along the trail. I got the riding for free. The downside is that they gave the nice horses to the less experienced customers, so I got the cranky ones. They always ended the ride with me with good manners and and a smile. They appreciated someone who is kind to their backs and mouth and rides with confidence. A muesli bar as a treat works wonders too ;) . Much better for them all round.

My wife and I rode for a week at a dude ranch in Tennessee last year and ended the week with a ride through the Chattahoochee national forest in northern Georgia.

My wife is a far better rider than I am (she's a certified riding instructor and teaches handicapped persons for therapy) and has ridden over the continental divide in Colorado.

In any case, I like the John Wayne quote, "The best thing for the inside of a man, is the outside of a horse."

Last edited:
I'm really happy for you, that is wonderful. What a way to earn cash, I'll bet you feel some days like you ought to be paying them! Well, maybe not quite that far... Still, I gotta say something to our Melbourne friend here, though:
I went with a group to a place near Jewett, Ohio for a day's ride. I was tickled that they'd let us do more than just walk the horses. Until I found out that my horse has a 36" canter, as they reported to me later - though I'd already found out by experience! It took quite a bit of him coming up while I was headed down before I finally got in phase with the periodic motion of my mount! I guess I should add that though I enjoy a nice horse ride, I don't get to do it much...

Last edited:
Back