Warp9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dipstick

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've heard about people plugging open closures with grease when not using motor ejection. Is that an option when flying a Warp9 motor? I'd be flying the G339 and G69 loads for the 38/120 case. Or is there way too much pressure to get away with not using a "real" plugged closure??

Thanks,

Bruce

I'm not sure because I've never flown Warp9, but I would do it just to be on the safe side.

It's always an option to plug with grease :)

Go right ahead - nothing will go wrong :)

during the thrust the delay element plugs the forward closure.. the warp9's cut out so fast it can snuff out the delay element. or it can remain burning..
but basically you have 1/2" of propellant plugging the forward end at all times in the warp9's burn, thats more than enough plugging force. I hear the chamber pressure is abit higher than the other propellants, but not too much or it'd blow the closures out. you should be fine.

I flew a G339N and I used the standard closure. I just plugged it with some Estes wadding and masking tape, quick and easy.

In my case, the delay element remained lit after burnout and smoked all the way to the ground, I flew it in a saucer.:D

Cool, thanks guys! Now to go talk to my motor vendor...

Bruce

Back