• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted 54mm used at half price

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian62

Reaction score
I am not sure what 54mm I am looking for. Aerotech/ animal probably ..... Just let me know what casing/s your looking to dump and I will take a look. I am wanting the whole package that includes closures and nozzle, maybe a set or couple that you no longer use, sitting in the bottom of some box,stuffed in some dark hole of the garage, or worse yet buried out back away from atf....:p

Why would anyone sell it for half price? a used casing isn't any less functional than a new one....

Its called a motivated seller.... if you read the post it says the main reason they may want to sell it was what ? .....was there anything you wanted to add other than the ?
In response to your ?, why would anybody want to take a chance on a used case that may have damage, like bad threads, thin walls due to an improper loading, minor cracked case that is not naked eye visual?
I mean if they and you want full price,or close to, for a used supposedly same functual item, why would I buy it vs getting my own brand new one ?
The answer is since it is half price it might be worth the risk.:p

well, if I buy a case for $200 new, and I can sell it for $180 used on places like ROL, I wouldn't sell it here for $100. That's all I'm saying.

:lol: thanks fishy, that is exactly my point and nate I understand your point of view and no way in heck I would buy if for 180 when I could have the brand new one for just a tad more.
All that I am saying is they must not be hip to the cost of these things to be risking for a lowsy, in this case 20 bucks. Why would anybody risk a new rocket to save 20-50 bucks on a used case? It takes all kinds as they say and as long as your okay with it , I am ok with it;)
Just not for me and your not a motivated seller right now are you?
Maybe ur mortgage is not due yet ... I will check back...:D
Brian

I just logged on like I do when I get off work and see what's happn'...and now I see what goes on late at night, 1/2 price what?...a pony for what? your horse did what?...lol:rotflol:

People are laughing but I have bought lots of hardware for half price ... and less. 38/360 case, like new for $15. 38/240-480 set $90. 75/3840 used once $200 delivered. 75/5120 used once $200 delivered. :surprised:

The deals are there. You just have to be on the lookout. People move on to other hobbies, bills to pay, etc.. :pirate:

After all, that is how I got my 29mm set, 2 of my 3 38mm sets, most of my 54mm set and 3 75mm motors. :D Out of 28 cases, I've bought 2 new. Call me cheap, I say I have more $$$ to spend on motors and rockets.

Carl

T-FISH

Nothing wrong with that case!!!
Just trim her back and rethread her
She'd be good as new
And ready for a quick sale:D
T-FISH give me a hollar when ya get "R" resized:D

Snoman

I have paid less than half price for all my cases and most of them were new. I even got a set of used 38mm closures for $5. There was only a little anodizing ware on the forward closure works fine.

I've gotten the new ones on ROL. Thats where I've gotten most of my cases. I got a new 29/120 motor for about 35% of the original price new and with quick shipping.

Whoa, have you been flying that thing during the winters up north?

Johnnie

Maybe I'm missing something here......winter is the best time to fly. The wimps are at home, the bugs are dead, there are no leaves on the trees, the grass is dead and short, no sweatty smelly people and when the ground is frozen ya can't get stuck or mud on your boots. Oh yeah, the coffee tastes better and the air is cleaner and crisper. Come on winter!

I look forward to flying in the winter. Summer just plain sux. And what's wrong with that case? Cut it, slice a new snap ring groove and fly it again. And for some good news, it will be cheaper and take less propellant to load.:D

Chuck

Maybe I'm missing something here......winter is the best time to fly. The wimps are at home, the bugs are dead, there are no leaves on the trees, the grass is dead and short, no sweatty smelly people and when the ground is frozen ya can't get stuck or mud on your boots. Oh yeah, the coffee tastes better and the air is cleaner and crisper. Come on winter!

I look forward to flying in the winter. Summer just plain sux. And what's wrong with that case? Cut it, slice a new snap ring groove and fly it again. And for some good news, it will be cheaper and take less propellant to load.:D

Chuck

Sorry Chuck,

From someone who lives up North, I thought you might have picked up on that one...I guess not, so let me explain; the hole in the casing looked to me like the rust hole of a car that is driven during the winter months up North...

689guide3.jpg

Nothing wrong with that case that a little bondo can't fill...

Johnnie

I drive Saturn(s)......plastic sidepanels don't rust (or dent). That might be why I missed the correlation. ;-)

Chuck

Back