Waiver Information *READ ME*

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kip_Daugirdas

Reaction score
Standing Waiver: 12,500 ft. AGL
Windows: 25,000 ft. AGL 9-11a, 1-3p daily
Waiver Radius: 1 nautical mile (1.15 miles)

This a quick HEADS UP from your UROC Prefect. When you arrive on the salt, it will look almost endless. However, our waiver radius is not nearly as expansive. The radius is set at 1 nautical mile (that’s 1.15 regular miles or 1.85 kilometers) for the duration of the launch including the high altitude windows.

Given this radius, I stress that all flyers work on minimizing their rocket’s recovery distance. This means flying to a lower altitude or utilizing dual deployment. Dual deployment will be mandatory for all projects requiring the high altitude windows. Please do not jeopardize the safety of your fellow rocketeers and spectators by recovering rockets on undersized parachutes to minimize drift.

Thank you in advance for taking the extra time to prepare for this. We are going to have a lot of fun!

Why is this just now being publicized? 25,000' and staying wItihn a 2nm circle seems impossible. Up-to-the-moment winds aloft would be needed to simulate the decent.

And what of the random unexplainable non-vertical launch?

I'm not that good

WOW!

Last edited:
Why is this just now being publicized? 25,000' and staying wItihn a 2nm circle seems impossible. Up-to-the-moment winds aloft would be needed to simulate the decent.

And what of the random unexplainable non-vertical launch?

I'm not that good

WOW!

It’s not going to be that hard/bad. High pressure is parked over the western states all summer. Winds aloft should be light. Ground level winds will be the only issue as they sometimes pickup with daytime heating.

We used to have a larger radius (3nm) but as the population of SLC rapidly increases so does the air traffic.

Back