Urgent Notice: Webstore Fully Open (Thanks)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much for all the well wishes here, and those that have reached out other ways. It really does help.

I will go forward with temporarily closing the store to orders as soon as I can as it will cause me stress if I have someone's money and can't fill the order straight away, even if that was acknowledged up front.
Meee Toooo..
I completely understand..
You're a stand up guy Chris.
You take care and heal up..
I sure hope this wasn't tooo too bad..

23 will be better for sure man..

Teddy

I had a bike accident today that will keep me from filling orders for weeks, maybe months. It will also be a couple days before I can halt the online store. My family could probably swing it, but I don't want to make this even more a burden.

Any outstanding orders will be notified directly, but please don't place any new ones until I can close the store.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and know that anyone owed anything will be made whole either through refund or by shipment as soon as I can manage.
Oh gods, Chris! Mend well and take it easy!

I am so sorry to hear about this and hope you get better soon! Wanted to say that I actually just received my order from you today and it looks great! Ordered the featherweight nose sled and a 38mm MD retainer. Ill send you a vid of this bird flying next Saturday hopefully!

Sorry to hear this. I was planning to order a few odds and ends, but it can wait. Get well.

Get better soon Chis.

I’m close enough so if you need something just reach out.

I told you that Ironman stuff would kill you! But most importantly, how’s the bike?

Just reading about this, very sorry to hear it. Prayers for a quick and full recovery!

There's probably few worse feelings than knowing you're going down, the hurt is coming, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Get better soon Chis.

I’m close enough so if you need something just reach out.

I told you that Ironman stuff would kill you! But most importantly, how’s the bike?
Wife says it looks OK, but carbon frame will need a thorough going over.

Wow Chris, Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly. Take care of you and your family first!

Miss you and the DARS crew

-Jack

Surgery went remarkably well. Hip socket was successfully reconstructed, and the collarbone is stable for use (no real pain and near full strength). I can't bear weight on my left leg for 8-12 weeks, but I'm about to have plenty of time to sit in a wheelchair and make up switch kits. Orders should start getting shipping numbers this weekend sometime.

Ohh gezz Chris..
I was hoping it wasn't too terrible..

You just feel better and heal up..
I'm just glad you're here typing.

Teddy

Surgery went remarkably well. Hip socket was successfully reconstructed, and the collarbone is stable for use (no real pain and near full strength). I can't bear weight on my left leg for 8-12 weeks, but I'm about to have plenty of time to sit in a wheelchair and make up switch kits. Orders should start getting shipping numbers this weekend sometime.
Glad to hear it went well, but very sad that that level of "skeletal repair" was needed. My, that must've been awful to go through!

Pelvic fracture. That sounds unpleasant.

Good to hear surgery went well; I hope the recovery is with minimal pain and discomfort!

OUCH!!! Praying for a quick, complete, and pain free recovery!

Get Well Soon!

Ok, all items to fill orders are in kitted up. They just need to go into boxes and print labels. That said, I'm not pushing it any more today, so tracking numbers tomorrow for all outstanding orders.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Please consider the store fully open.

been there, done that. They just hurt and there's not much they can do for most of them. I just got a pat on the head, told to suck it up and it would eventually stop hurting

Be careful with that frame, send it to the manufacture and let them certify it's still good - carbon fiber doesn't like being crashed.
My personal rule is once carbon is crashed, it's decorations in my bike shop. I have a matched pair of F1 forks, want to do something cool with them but one doesn't have a steer tube, it was sheered off when I crashed it at Bear Mountain......

been there, done that. They just hurt and there's not much they can do for most of them. I just got a pat on the head, told to suck it up and it would eventually stop hurting

Be careful with that frame, send it to the manufacture and let them certify it's still good - carbon fiber doesn't like being crashed.
My personal rule is once carbon is crashed, it's decorations in my bike shop. I have a matched pair of F1 forks, want to do something cool with them but one doesn't have a steer tube, it was sheered off when I crashed it at Bear Mountain......
There is a bike carbon fiber repair shop in Dallas that is pretty highly regarded. I will likely have them inspect the frame for carbon damage. I got plenty of time.

There is a bike carbon fiber repair shop in Dallas that is pretty highly regarded. I will likely have them inspect the frame for carbon damage. I got plenty of time.
If it's beyond repair, surely some of it can become rocket parts? 🙃

when i crashed at Bear Mountain, it was a Serotta Legend titanium custom. After I stripped off everything, I took it to JP Weigel to be checked. He threw it on his jig, I was surprised it was straight (but he wasn't). He said it would take a small iceburg to bend it.
the fork had been sheered off at the head tube, the stem was bent and handlebars folded. The front wheel was shattered and most of the drive was sheared off the frame - rear derailer hanging off, right crank broken, front derailleur crushed and seatpost bent.

it was brushed ti, so a scotch brite got it back in shape, new decals made it look good. I still ride the frame.

when i crashed at Bear Mountain, it was a Serotta Legend titanium custom. After I stripped off everything, I took it to JP Weigel to be checked. He threw it on his jig, I was surprised it was straight (but he wasn't). He said it would take a small iceburg to bend it.
the fork had been sheered off at the head tube, the stem was bent and handlebars folded. The front wheel was shattered and most of the drive was sheared off the frame - rear derailer hanging off, right crank broken, front derailleur crushed and seatpost bent.

it was brushed ti, so a scotch brite got it back in shape, new decals made it look good. I still ride the frame.
That's awesome, not the wreck, but the frame. I personally love the Moots Ti Gravel frames...bikes are like rockets, you always need at least 1 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back