Urgent Notice: Webstore Fully Open (Thanks)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Update Jan 7: The webstore is fully open and order fulfillment will be once per week for the next few months. Most orders will be filled over the weekend for Monday shipment. Choosing USPS Priority shipping will not automatically get it to the PO faster, sorry. I am leaving it as an option as some folks prefer it in all instances.

Thanks very much for your support through this time.

-Chris

I had a bike accident today that will keep me from filling orders for weeks, maybe months. It will also be a couple days before I can halt the online store. My family could probably swing it, but I don't want to make this even more a burden.

Any outstanding orders will be notified directly, but please don't place any new ones until I can close the store.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and know that anyone owed anything will be made whole either through refund or by shipment as soon as I can manage.

Last edited:
Dang. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Sending positive thought your way. Hope you have as speedy and complete a recovery as possible. ⚕️

Andrew

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully your recovery goes well. Take good care of yourself.

Ouch! I’m sad to hear about your accident! I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Ouch. Bike accidents can be nasty. We always wear helmets. Wifey broke her foot when she hit and rock and crashed. Hit her head hard, but the helmet really saved her. Oddly enough I crashed going down the same hill a year or two later. I hit something and ended up on my back sliding down the road. I thought to myself as I was sliding on my back head first "asphalt is really hard".

Take care of yourself, Chris. Prayers for you and a speedy recovery.

+1 on what Steve proposed above. Its winter right now and few are flying so I would imagine that many would be willing to place orders with the understanding that their orders will ship once you are on the mend and able to get back in the shop.

Shutting the store down doesn't help you at all and I am sure your customers will still want to patronize and just wait till you are back.

Chris:
Feel better soon. Crashing sucks, I used to race and have a lot of stories about that.
Take care of yourself, do what you're told and don't push beyond what you are supposed to.

I'm sure the community will be here supporting and drooling over your products until you start producing. Maybe the suggestion of keeping the store open will let us support your recovery

Hi Chris,
I am really sorry to hear about your accident. Being a cyclist myself I feel your pain. Hoping for your complete recovery.

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your crash. Heal quickly. We want you to be healthy first, helpful can come after that.

Get well soon. I am sure the group will be understanding and supportive.

I’m sorry to hear that. Rather than shutting down the store, could you make it so people could continue ordering but have them click an agreement that they understand your product will not be delivered for some time. That would allow us to support you while taking off some of the pressure.
Or, if you don’t want a backlog of orders, create an item in your online store called “Accident support” that allows us to provide you with some support.

Thanks very much for all the well wishes here, and those that have reached out other ways. It really does help.

I will go forward with temporarily closing the store to orders as soon as I can as it will cause me stress if I have someone's money and can't fill the order straight away, even if that was acknowledged up front.

I had a bike accident today that will keep me from filling orders for weeks, maybe months. It will also be a couple days before I can halt the online store. My family could probably swing it, but I don't want to make this even more a burden.

Any outstanding orders will be notified directly, but please don't place any new ones until I can close the store.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and know that anyone owed anything will be made whole either through refund or by shipment as soon as I can manage.
Sorry to hear of your mishap. We hope your recovery is quick and uneventful.
FWIW, I began 2022 with CoVID type who-cares-what, slept more than usual for five days, then had a great year. Hope you do even better! (OK, I dislocated my shoulder due to a simple bicycle fall, too, but that was back in the 1800's. . .)
I second (third?) the opinions of those who suggest you defer, rather than decline, orders, and that you look forward to fulfilling them when you are able - just include a delivery disclosure [and reason for, for those who don't follow TRF] with order acceptance. The rocket community respects and supports its vendors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back