UPDATE...Open Rocket iPad App!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I do not care to participate in the Android vs Apple war, I have absolutely no interest in Android's OS. For me it's iPad all the way. If someone here rewrites OR for iOS, I will most definitely be purchasing it.

I think there is enough interest to make it worthwhile.
Me too! I need to see Open Rocket on an iPad in the worst way possible.

Somebody please please create an Open Rocket App for an iPad!

Speaking of which I would even pay for a Rocksim Version but the Apogee website won't even work on an iPad.
That's why I miss my Windows 10 tablet. To Run Rocksim of the field instead of bringing a laptop. That being said, I prefer my iPad over any android tablet.

Seriously though, if you already have Rocksim, you could get a cheap windows 10 tablet to run it. Even if you don't have Rocksim, the cost of Rocksim is really not that bad, considering cost of other software (My MS and Autodesk subscriptions are free because I work in education, but I still pay over 30 a month for my Adobe subscription). I use both Rocksim and Open Rocket, and i prefer Rocksim. To me its simpler, I like the interface better, and you don't have to deal with Java.

I too would love an iOS (or iPadOS) version of OpenRocket. Don’t hold your breath waiting for it; there is almost zero chance of it happening in any reasonable timeframe, if ever.

But on the other hand Rocsim crashes all the time.

If you use one of the installers, you don't have to "deal with Java".
yeah, Rocksim does crash more often than I would like.

Even if you use an installer, you still need to have Java runtime installed

yeah, Rocksim does crash more often than I would like.

Even if you use an installer, you still need to have Java runtime installed
Yes, but the installer takes care of it. It's not something you need to manage separately, as with a system Java installation. That means you can ignore its existence completely.

With the packaged installers, you don't need to think of OR as a Java app per se. It's just an app.

Im sorry, I just have is disdaine for JAVA based on dealing with issues it caused in the past. Fortunalty my department currently does not use anything that runs on Java, so I havent had to deal with it for a while. Being a runtime that that can and has introduce vulnabilities (some serious) to your device cross platforms, its a good idea to keep it updated,

Im sorry, I just have is disdaine for JAVA based on dealing with issues it caused in the past. Fortunalty my department currently does not use anything that runs on Java, so I havent had to deal with it for a while. Being a runtime that that can and has introduce vulnabilities (some serious) to your device cross platforms, its a good idea to keep it updated,
You might be surprised, the not being powered by Java.

No code is perfect, therefore all code has vulnERabilities.

The Java runtime that comes with OR isn't put in a system location, and isn't put on your command search path. By the time a bad actor can get to it to cause you problems, something else has already been badly compromised.

Back