Unique Rocket Data Logger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghost

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there is any interest in data logger that just records voltage.
There would be up to 5 ports, with each capable of holding a different analog sensor. Throughout a rocket's flight, the voltages would be stored on a flash drive (which you supply) where they can be graphed in excel.
And then maybe there could be barometer/accelerometer/compass/anything add-on sensors that you could plug in - or just do it yourself. I imagine the size would be pretty small.

So what do you think (please vote and post your thoughts)

thanks!

Yup. But I was thinking about making one that you don't need to program at all...

but I guess that datalogger covers all the bases :)

I would encourage you to build it and experiment for your own needs,
but there are so many different datalogger options out there already, i wouldnt get my hopes up about selling lots to other rocketeers.
If you do it, i'd suggest also having some digital ports, like I2C or SPI, since most of the newer crop of interesting sensors have digital interfaces like these- leave some pins for power and ground and you can use I2C for a little on-board sensor bus. Of course, that means some programming will be required. ;)

Back