Unfair punishments?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You, sir, are awesome!!!! Perfect clip for this thread.

Agreed!!! It has been a long time since I last saw that movie, and I have tears in my eyes and a stitch in my side right now. A veritable cornucopia of profanity. And if you understand those vocabulary words, thank a teacher.

Some of these stories reminded me of a teacher I had in grade school. It was a Catholic school, but she was not a nun. She was a battleaxe though. She never did it to me, but she used to pinch cheeks of misbehaving kids between her thumb and forefinger and shake their heads as she yelled in a thick German accent, "Ach ya kid, PRODUCE!!! PRODUCE!!!" She may have been a founding member of the Hitler Youth.

I'm also a product of a Catholic education. (Mom only recently apologized for not realizing how lousy the teachers were and sending me to public school.) The only time I ever got hit was by a lay teacher, Miss Finkbeiner. (She was a "miss" for a reason. A seriously large, unpleasant looking woman with the personality of a rabid badger.) I think it was 6th grade and I was in a split 6th/7th grade class. (i.e. The dumb kids.) She was yelling at one of the 7th grade girls, (and, WOW, do I mean yelling,) and turned around and backhanded me across the face. I was doing nothing, no faces, no eye rolling, just sitting and waiting for the storm to pass. Several weeks later she did it again. Never did figure out why she picked me, unless it was just a matter of proximity. She was a one-year-wonder, and I'm sure no one mourned when she didn't return.

Back