TV Goofs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 17 year old son caught his one last night on Hawaii 5-O. A guy was shot in the upper arm, then used his belt to apply a tourniquet. However, he applied it below the wound, not between it and his heart :facepalm:

Don't get me started with Hawaii Five-O. My wife and I actually like the show and watch fairly regularly, but on what planet can someone a)get shot multiple times, b) lose so much blood they fall unconscious and nearly die on the way to the hospital, c) have a liver transplant and THEN are back to work and jumping off buildings like nothing happened a week later.

Medical science has come a long way in recent years, but if you have a transplant, you're probably going to get a medical retirement. If nothing else, your recovery is going to be a year or more rather than weeks.

For anyone at all familiar with transplants, the whole episode (and the ongoing "recovery") is a real "Fonzi jumps the shark" moment.

Here's something I've always wanted to know. Spock can do a mind meld, right? And he can do the Vulcan neck pinch. And (I don't know if this is canon or not) he even taught Lt. Uhura to do it. But I think there was an episode where Kirk, after getting in a fistfight, said to Spock, "I wish you would teach me that some time." And Spock said, "I have tried."

So why didn't Spock just mind meld the lesson into Kirk's brain?

Why, in the episode, The Enemny Within, when the transporter was broken and Sulu and crew were freezing to death on the planet, didn't they just send the shuttle craft?

Back