Trying pods

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easiest way is with a flipped ellipsoid nose cone at the back of the pod.
1709405712634.png

You also had two pod sets there for some reason, I changed it to a single set with 4 instances. Updated ORK file attached.

Attachments

• Luna v1.ork
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. Somehow I didn't see the flip box. The reason for two sets is that there are only three pods, The leg doesn't have one as in flight (in the movie) the leg is retracted.

Thanks. Somehow I didn't see the flip box. The reason for two sets is that there are only three pods, The leg doesn't have one as in flight (in the movie) the leg is retracted.
Oh. I guess that is shown in your original pictures but I didn't understand what I was looking at.

The second pod set was out of alignment (angle was off) in your original file so be sure to correct that.

Next question: I realize that I'll have to add some nose weight to be stable. Probably 1 to 2 oz.
When modifying a mass object, why does the density change when I change the mass?
Conversely, when I change the density to that of tungsten, it changes my mass to 7.24 oz. This makes no sense.

Mass object handling is not very sophisticated; you're expecting more from it than it's going to give you. Dimensions are basically fixed (by you), and then density and mass affect each other accordingly. It does *not* calculate dimensions based on mass and density, which is what I think you're looking for. Likewise, there is no way to lock the density to a particular value and then let the other values affect each other.

So basically, figure out the mass and dimensions of your weight plug and enter the values in.

Mass object handling is not very sophisticated; you're expecting more from it than it's going to give you. Dimensions are basically fixed (by you), and then density and mass affect each other accordingly. It does *not* calculate dimensions based on mass and density, which is what I think you're looking for. Likewise, there is no way to lock the density to a particular value and then let the other values affect each other.

So basically, figure out the mass and dimensions of your weight plug and enter the values in.
Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Back to work. ;-)

Back