Troubleshooting Featherweight Blue Raven Temp and Altitude sensor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayrocketry

Reaction score
I connected to my Blue Raven altimeter via Bluetooth and USB and noticed that my altitude and temperature are way off. The user manual states that the altimeter is factory calibrated but I saw no flight tests or simulations done prior to shipment. Am I supposed to calibrate the temperature and barometric sensors? Thank you. Accelerometer seems to work fine. Raven Altimeter.pngWhatsApp Image 2023-04-28 at 14.22.33.jpg

Last edited:
I connected to my Blue Raven altimeter via Bluetooth and USB and noticed that my altitude and temperature are way off. The user manual states that the altimeter is factory calibrated but I saw no flight tests or simulations done prior to shipment. Am I supposed to calibrate the temperature and barometric sensors? Thank you. Accelerometer seems to work fine. View attachment 577760View attachment 577759
The barometric sensor can sometimes behave this way if if is powered down to a low voltage and then turned on again. Try turning the Blue Raven off for 30 seconds and apply power again. If the problem persists then it's a sensor failure and I'll replace the unit.

The barometric sensor can sometimes behave this way if if is powered down to a low voltage and then turned on again. Try turning the Blue Raven off for 30 seconds and apply power again. If the problem persists then it's a sensor failure and I'll replace the unit.
Letting it rest for a few seconds seemed to resolve the issue. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back