Trouble connecting to RRC3 mDACs and LCD.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt_Brixby

Reaction score
The other day, we were trying to connect our altimeters to mDACS to no avail. As of today, I got one of them to connect to mDACs and the LCD. The other one keeps on flashing fault code 2 which says we have an LCD attached and a dip switch on (which we don't ). after we reset the altimeters to factory settings, it still does this. In addition to connection failure to the LCD, it also fails to connect to the mDACs software. Not sure what can be done to solve this.

You have to follow the instructions precisely for it to work. Sometimes it still won't connect the first time. Unplug everything, turn everything off and try again. Good luck.

The other day, we were trying to connect our altimeters to mDACS to no avail. As of today, I got one of them to connect to mDACs and the LCD. The other one keeps on flashing fault code 2 which says we have an LCD attached and a dip switch on (which we don't ). after we reset the altimeters to factory settings, it still does this. In addition to connection failure to the LCD, it also fails to connect to the mDACs software. Not sure what can be done to solve this.

When you "reset" the altimeters to factory settings are you saying neither RRC3 is connecting now?

How did you reset the altimeters?

When connecting to mDACS are you using the I/O dongle or the Bluetooth module?

When you "reset" the altimeters to factory settings are you saying neither RRC3 is connecting now?

How did you reset the altimeters?

When connecting to mDACS are you using the I/O dongle or the Bluetooth module?
the altimeter was not connecting to begin with, I reset it by holding the programming button while turning the power switch. That gave me a post fault code of 1 which confirms that I reset the altimeter. I am using the I/O dongle.

I have no idea what happened to mine. It worked the time before it went screwy. Just sat in my range box. Then the LCD gave me nonsense. Plugged it in to another RRC3 and it still didn't work. Bought another one and another RRC3. Now the ones I sent in are supposed to work so I have a back up LCD. Have you contacted Missile Works. Maybe they can help.

Back