Tripoli Las Vegas OktoberFest- October 20-22 *17,000' AGL Waiver Jean Dry Lake Bed!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The launch was AWESOME. no Carnage until I opened my mouth about it.. then my crayon with 2 skids... one fired way late.. so I got a nice loop de loop and land shark.. seemed like things went down from there..

did they ever decide what happend on the CAOT from Jims cluster?? that was the most violent cato I've seen.. threw pieces from the AWAY CELL past the flight line.. glas everyone was on their toes...

Oktoberfest was a huge success!!

Thank you so much to our Vendors on-site for the weekend! StickerShock, BalsaMachine, Moto-Joe, Aerotech and Eggtimer

Thank you to our sponsors for our awesome raffle!!!!!! OneBadHawk, Eggtimer, StickerShock, MadCow, Wildman, Aerotech, BalsaMachine, AeroPack and Moto-Joe

Thank you to TRA LV for setting up, hosting and tearing down!

Thank you to all our flyers, we hope to see you next time. Bring a friend!

I really wish there was more time in the day to hang out with everyone. Thank you to all!

Share your experiences or stories from the weekend!

See you all at SpringFest!!!!

I gotta admit....giving up flying was hard to do, and I miss it huge. But missing THIS one is the one that hurts the most. I loved this event.
Wish I coulda been there.
dang it.

s6

The launch was AWESOME. no Carnage until I opened my mouth about it.. then my crayon with 2 skids... one fired way late.. so I got a nice loop de loop and land shark.. seemed like things went down from there..
FWIW, my twins thought your Crayon launch was really cool. Here are the two pix I caught of it in flight.

IMG_3732-2.jpg IMG_3733-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some of my shots from Saturday. The forum only lets you attach 10 files per post, so hang on...

IMG_2937-2.jpg IMG_2956-2.jpg IMG_2996-2.jpg IMG_3013-2.jpg IMG_3029-2.jpg IMG_3048-2.jpg IMG_3063-2.jpg IMG_3082-2.jpg IMG_3104-2.jpg IMG_3181-2.jpg

I didn't take too many on Sunday because I was helping my kids do the final prep on their first mid-power rockets. Here are my shots of other people's rockets:

IMG_3732-2.jpg IMG_3733-2.jpg IMG_4000-2.jpg IMG_4004-2.jpg

And here starts the photos of my twins and their flights with their new Formula 38s:

IMG_4022-2.jpg IMG_4032-2.jpg IMG_4046-2.jpg IMG_4051-2.jpg IMG_4056-2.jpg IMG_4060-2.jpg

Here are the last pix of my twins and their rocket flights. Related: my twins have their "mid-power upgrade" complete -- just before their 6th birthday. My daughter's quite the pro at fillets now. Fun!

IMG_4083-2.jpg IMG_4086-2.jpg IMG_4089-2.jpg IMG_4095-2.jpg IMG_4097-2.jpg IMG_4116-2.jpg IMG_4137-2.jpg IMG_4148-2.jpg

It was an awesome weekend. Thanks to everyone who helped, sponsored, flew, spectated and just plain had fun out there. See ya soon!

Nice shot of my clustered Crayon doing a loopy... second motor lit right about picture two.. still hit the ground oh well..

the other shots are AWESOME

Here are the last pix of my twins and their rocket flights. Related: my twins have their "mid-power upgrade" complete -- just before their 6th birthday. My daughter's quite the pro at fillets now.

You didn’t drag race them? Twins with matching rockets - that’s almost sacrilegious not to have raced them!! [emoji6]

You didn’t drag race them? Twins with matching rockets - that’s almost sacrilegious not to have raced them!! [emoji6]
One day! For now I only have one CTI 1G case, so their F motor maidens would have been a little tough to swing as a drag race. I have some G80s that might work well for a drag race. :)

One day! For now I only have one CTI 1G case, so their F motor maidens would have been a little tough to swing as a drag race. I have some G80s that might work well for a drag race. :)

I find this answer to be acceptable.. carry on as you were...

;^p

I think KenRico's Predator (#5 of the second set of pics) is still out there. Haven't had an update yet from him.

Yeah, I think you’re right. Rob drove out there Sunday after the flying was done, but didn’t see it either. Did he have coordinates for the landing site?

I didnt see a picture of my 7.5" MEGA MAGG im I blind ???
I didn’t get every launch. Do you have a photo of it so I can look for it...or know what day & time it flew?

i don’t think I got rid of any launch photos in those zips. If you don’t see it in there, I probably didn’t shoot it.

Quit your whining Mark - barely noticed any shots of the 19 flights from the Colorado contingent. Always a JOY to be on the Jean Dry (and dusty) Lake Bed even if some flights ventured off the edge. Great pics of your land shark....We'll be back for Springfest.

I didn’t get every launch. Do you have a photo of it so I can look for it...or know what day & time it flew?

i don’t think I got rid of any launch photos in those zips. If you don’t see it in there, I probably didn’t shoot it.

Thanks Man I got some from BERNIE! I'll post them up soon

Quit your whining Mark - barely noticed any shots of the 19 flights from the Colorado contingent. Always a JOY to be on the Jean Dry (and dusty) Lake Bed even if some flights ventured off the edge. Great pics of your land shark....We'll be back for Springfest.

theres some GREAT shots of your flights.. they were just to fast to see you guys always pushin it to the edge and beyond!

cant wait to see you next year! I want to try and make it out that way next year!

Back