CANCELLED TriCities Rocketeers March 19, 2022 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Currently we are a go and the waiverer has been called in.....but if conditions continue to deteriorate we may still have to cancel. Winds are predicted to be between 10-20mph with a chance of rain. I would not recommend any high flights without dual deploy and tracking.
Stay tuned to our TCR forum launch announcements page for any updates.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=92883&share_type=t&link_source=app

Due to a change in forecast, we have made the decision to cancel this weekends launch. We hope to see everyone in April.

Yeah..... I'm going to cancel Saturday's BEMRC launch in a bit as well. *sigh*
Other than the weather, we were looking forward to seeing all our rocketry friends to open a new season, so its a bit of a bummer for us.

Yeah. I get that.

The local forecast improved just enough this afternoon that I felt bad about cancelling, so I'm planning to show up at the Raceway on Saturday morning with a three pad rack and "play it by ear" there/then.

A few of us got to fly in January at the Raceway, but I had to cancel last month. Mr. Pommert has had better luck and managed to get the March WAC launch at Sixty Acres in last Saturday before the rains came. And in both January and February the WAC launch days were about as nice as one ever sees in the winter around here. You've had rather a longer spell since you've been out to the Sod Farm to fly.

Yeah. I get that.

The local forecast improved just enough this afternoon that I felt bad about cancelling, so I'm planning to show up at the Raceway on Saturday morning with a three pad rack and "play it by ear" there/then.

A few of us got to fly in January at the Raceway, but I had to cancel last month. Mr. Pommert has had better luck and managed to get the March WAC launch at Sixty Acres in last Saturday before the rains came. And in both January and February the WAC launch days were about as nice as one ever sees in the winter around here. You've had rather a longer spell since you've been out to the Sod Farm to fly.
We definitely are looking forward to getting some flying in, but as you know our wind forecast usually tends to higher end of the range so the 15-25mph was most likely 20-30. Dave, William and I just cleaned and maintenanced all the equipment a few weeks ago in preparation for the season.

Back