transolve P6K main deploy quesyion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenbo

Rocket Scientist/Fry Cook
Reaction score
Hope to try my first dual deployment of my Madcow Super DX3 next week using a Transolve P6K altimeter.Launching in farmers field so pretty soft ground.
Main deploy offers 2 options for altitude. 400 or 800 ft. The rocket weighs about 5 lbs, with a 48 main spherachute. Apogee will be around 1500ft. Which setting would be best? I would go for 400ft. if its windy. Oh yes also using an18 drogue chute.

Hope to try my first dual deployment of my Madcow Super DX3 next week using a Transolve P6K altimeter.Launching in farmers field so pretty soft ground.
Main deploy offers 2 options for altitude. 400 or 800 ft. The rocket weighs about 5 lbs, with a 48 main spherachute. Apogee will be around 1500ft. Which setting would be best? I would go for 400ft. if its windy. Oh yes also using an18 drogue chute.

If you aren't using a deployment bag to house your main chute then 400 feet should be OK.

I would go with 400 `also.My friend flew his 5.5" Loc Magnum rocket and his main was programed for 600` +/-

We were saying even at the weight of his rocket (15 pounds +) 600` was a little too high and 400-500 would have been better ,as he still got a lot of drift with his chute.

Apogee was @ 7700` on a K660 with 24" drouge I believe.

No deployment bag used !!

Entacore Alt. was used.

Paul T

Last edited:
Back