Tough Week for People I Know/Knew

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11bravo

Reaction score
Everybody here take cover; it's for you own good.

Last week a young man that used to work in our store was critically injured in Iraq by an IED.
Last word I heard is that he is in a hospital in Germany in critical condition, and may well not survive.

Saturday morning early, a young woman (21) who also worked in our store for a short while was killed in a house fire as was her 14 month (IIRC) daughter.

Neither of these people were more than accuaintences to me, so no need for sympathies, just relating the stories and the warning.

Greg

Just looking through the paper and saw the obituary of another person from the same town.
He was a customer at our store frequently along with his family.
Had had cancer for over a year now and see that he passed away Friday.
He was 33.
He was also a fireman, so it is possible that Pete (BHP) and Jason (firemanup) from TRF may have heard about it as they are firemen as well and word seems to spread about such things among fire departments here in Iowa and I suppose elsewhere.

Greg

My mum used to read the obits regulalry. Belonging to a masonic group, you tend to read a bunch of these, and get to know the funeral homes quite well.

But how's this..

My (soon to be) wife's mum is diagnosed with cancer, early 2004.
Her third bout.

We start plannign our wedding.
Her mum passes in Aug, 2004.
We wed in October, 2004.

My mum becomes sick in Jan 2005.
After not really getting better, and having her husband finally placed in a home, she comes down with depression. Or so we thought.

3 weeks (in August, '05) in the local hospital, diagniosed with some blood troubles.

She is then rushed to the local cancer ICU ward, were she is comatosed and struggling against B-Cell Lymphoma & major complications due to the cancer.

Her last two weeks were spent in the ICU, with systems failing daily..

At least it was quick, with very little suffering..

Two mums lost, barely a year apart...

Latest posts

Back