Today's SoAR Launch-Atlanta(the Mike version)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf06

Reaction score
OK..... didn't plan on attending today, but decided to at the last minute. Loaded up the kids and rockets and headed out.

Got there and the weather wasn't to bad (didn't seem to windy), but thought it would be OK. Pads were set-up close to the near side tree line and this left the rest of the field open as this was where the wind was blowing. But, the winds aloft were pretty nasty.....launched my THOY Hornet on an F50-9 and looked real good.....windcocked and ejected over the near tree line....and continued to float completely across the field (on a 20" chute) and ended up @75-80 meters into the rocket eating forest on the other side.....major bummer:mad: Needless to say, the rest of the launches were low power. Small crowd, but after 2 straight weekends of launches I think most others took a break (I should have!).

Next weekend, there is the big airshow at NAS Atlanta/Dobbins ARB where SoAR is going to have a booth and some demo launches. Hopefully, I'll be able to assist, but it's looking iffy right now.

Back