Today Is My Rocket Anniversary

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcorinth

Reaction score
July 20, 2014 was the day I launched the first rocket I'd ever built, Der Red Max. A few weeks before, some friends and I had launched a few in a park, thought it was fun, but weren't sure it was going to happen again.

Then we decided to have a picnic and launch to commemorate the moon landing. Once I launched and recovered something I'd built myself, I was hooked.

Since then, I've learned a lot, and this hobby has been so satisfying for me. And I discovered it practically by accident.

I haven't posted this video here yet, because I needed to edit it (for language). But I hope you enjoy watching it.

Couple things: We did this before I'd even heard of the NAR, or the Model Rocket Safety Code, so you'll notice there are a couple times we didn't do a countdown. I wouldn't do that today.

Also, our crack about the airplane was a joke. We were n00bs, but we weren't stupid - we never launched while an aircraft was flying overhead.

Here it is:

[video]https://youtu.be/ABCaF5eAkOE[/video]

Congrats on the anniversary. My BAR moment was 3 years ago tomorrow. Took my then just turned 4 year old son to a club launch and sent up the RTF rocket we gave him for his birthday 3 times...we still fly that rocket, probably 50 flights on it by now.

Also, very nice facebook page. I didn't "like it" because I do not facebook, and she who must be obeyed has rules about following people from her facebook account.

Last edited:
Back