TLP, (The Launch Pad) Fans Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tlp kits, but the cs can be better.
Anyone know how to contact them? I need a bag of nose cones and I've tried contacting them several times over a month.

Good luck with that.
They have never responded to any of my inquiries via E-mail.

I went over to my Mom's house today where my rockets are all stored and grabbed my Rails, my Indigo, and a chute'.

I hope to get her in the air sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I've been rocketless for too long!

The red and grey one is not TLP, but rather my own design inspired by TLP, and utilizing techniques I learned building TLP Kits.

Thanks TLP, the TYKON 10 Annihilator is pretty decent.:

View attachment Tykon 10 Annihilator 3X24MM.ork

Attachments

• TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 005.jpg
    TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 005.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 52
  • Final Decals 2015-06-02 002.jpg
    Final Decals 2015-06-02 002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Final Decals 2015-06-02 001.jpg
    Final Decals 2015-06-02 001.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 50
  • TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 004.jpg
    TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 50
  • TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 003.jpg
    TYKON TAIL 2015-06-01 003.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 52
  • Tykon Decals 2015-05-31 006.jpg
    Tykon Decals 2015-05-31 006.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I went over to my Mom's house today where my rockets are all stored and grabbed my Rails, my Indigo, and a chute'.

I hope to get her in the air sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I've been rocketless for too long!

The red and grey one is not TLP, but rather my own design inspired by TLP, and utilizing techniques I learned building TLP Kits.

Thanks TLP, the TYKON 10 Annihilator is pretty decent.:

View attachment 280792

That's my Flagship Rocket!
Someday, I hope to have my own Rocket Factory, but til' then, I can at least design them.

What are you using on the tailbone section to get that metal effect?

Aluminum Tape like you would use on duct work for HVAC Systems. 3M Brand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7I5L86/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

From the Amazon Product Description:

3M 3381 aluminum tape comes in a 1.88 in width, uses an acrylic adhesive and is packaged 12 rolls per case. Can be used in the following temperature range: -30 F to +250 F. Provides a tensile strength of 10 lb/in. When purchasing this product, consider the thickness. The variances in thickness often make an important difference in proper performance. This aluminum tape has a 2.7 mil total thickness. In addition to the other properties this product is chemical-resistant, heat-reflective, light-reflective, moisture-resistant, UV-resistant and flame retardant. This aluminum tape meets the following standards: UL 723.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aluminum Tape like you would use on duct work for HVAC Systems. 3M Brand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7I5L86/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

From the Amazon Product Description:

3M 3381 aluminum tape comes in a 1.88 in width, uses an acrylic adhesive and is packaged 12 rolls per case. Can be used in the following temperature range: -30 F to +250 F. Provides a tensile strength of 10 lb/in. When purchasing this product, consider the thickness. The variances in thickness often make an important difference in proper performance. This aluminum tape has a 2.7 mil total thickness. In addition to the other properties this product is chemical-resistant, heat-reflective, light-reflective, moisture-resistant, UV-resistant and flame retardant. This aluminum tape meets the following standards: UL 723.

You can also get the aluminum tape at Home Depot and Lowes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also get the aluminum tape at Home Depot and Lowes.

I just picked up a roll at Ace Hardware, the store brand, and it seems to be the same thing.
Needed it for a new Dryer Vent Hose.
I used up my last roll sealing the duct work in my Mom's basement where I store mt rocket stuff.
It's nice to know my rockets are safe in a rocket friendly stable environment. She had the Basement waterproofed and it has a sump pump, and there's all sorts of modern contrivances that dehumidify and keep the temperature constant.
This is also nice in the summer, when it is cool and dry down there.

Back