TLP Matra Magic R.550

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more done. Getting close to the end. If I fly it this weekend, its done regardless of if it is done. :)

Please note: I've kept to the spirit but not the letter of the Matra Magic R550. It looks the part. But I have taken some license. And I have not gone as far as I could.

It will still look the part. :wink:
2014-01-22-Matra-Magic-R.550-0002.jpg 2014-01-22-Matra-Magic-R.550-0003.jpg 2014-01-22-Matra-Magic-R.550-0005.jpg

Put one of those metal hose clamps on the nose and you'll be set..... looks good.

It's bigger than I expected. It looks great, Jeff, and the decals really make it!

I agree with qquake2k, it's quite the impressive Rocket. Very nice Work!:clap:
Can't wait to see some of your awesome Pics' of it Flying.

A nice, quick off the pad motor makes the Magic come alive!

Ya know? I think you might be right? :wink:

12146450603_9f3564ce9b_b.jpg

I just read the details on your personal launch report thread. Why do people think this rocket is so unstable or looks so unstable? Great to hear you heard the whistle with a peppy motor. Delay drilling/hacking is an art - dem delay grains do not burn at a constant rate! Who says TLP ain't tough after a flight like that!

Here's the finale. I decided I needed something else, so on went the dark blue monocote trim.
Now I say, Done.
Time to fly it some more! :horse::headbang::headbang::w:

2014-01-26-untitled-0001.jpg 2014-01-26-untitled-0002.jpg

Last edited:
She looks Great! Glad to hear she flies great too.
You're like me, never can stop adding little things and more Decals. A Rocket is never done.

Uh... YA THINK? :wink:
Of course we have 'other issues' like traffic and cost of living. But if you can live in the Antelope Valley like Rosamond or Mojave, you could live pretty well I guess. And launch a LOT. :)

Yeah, but then there's the heat and the wind. I just can't win.

You know how those Commissars think! Announced heads up. Helmets on! Armour deployed... :)

I was thinking a nifty 50's rocket scientist outfit might be a good look for me when I bring an oddroc up to the RSO table. I have an old civil defense helmet, some baggy dress pants, red wing boots, white short sleeve shirt with pocket protector and some aviator sunglasses. Yes I am a rocket scientist and I know what I am doing. No need to be concerned. :D

Back