Time to deploy the anti spam balistic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are multiplying now, apparently. Two more spambots in the LPR and HPR subforums. What is even the point of flooding a forum with these spam posts containing only a couple of letters? Is this supposed to be some kind of prank?

They are multiplying now, apparently. Two more spambots in the LPR and HPR subforums. What is even the point of flooding a forum with these spam posts containing only a couple of letters? Is this supposed to be some kind of prank?
Sometimes I suspect the spambots of simply being buggy.

In any case, it's amazing to me that this sort of carpet bombing of forums would ever be effective. I guess the cost of running the spambots must be so small that even a tiny response rate can make it profitable. Same as with email spam, I suppose.

Gonna need a MIRV to take them all out at once this time.

“My Darling,

It is night two of the spambots and some of the boys are flagging. Some want a University degree they didn’t earn.

I, unfortunately, had to deal with two earlier. I shall send the telegrams in the morning.

Until we meet again, my b-auto fill love,

Hal”

I guess the cost of running the spambots ..
Also applies to 'real' advertisements on the interweb these days.. various page hosts have sold out to pennies per square inch of screen space..

And in doing so, has cheapened the experencie for everyone..

Back