• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thread: Launch Rail w/ Stake Mount by GAMBIT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matrix

Reaction score
Time to part ways with my hybrid rig. Only used a few launches (great success with a Contrail I motor). Here's what's up for sale:

-Pratt Hobbies ULS [ultimate launch system] Modules 1 & 2 (includes 100ft remote fill/launch cable, fill solenoid, longer fill hose and fittings w/npt adapters, and adapters for all hybrid engines) $225 + $15 shipping SOLD

-20lb (large) Aluminum Nitrous Tank with pressure gauge and carrying handle. (empty, will need hydro inspection soon) $75 + $30 shipping SOLD

-8ft. Aluminum launch rail w/stops and heavy duty stake mount $50 + $40 shipping

Will provide better pics if interested. Most of the "heavy lifting" has already been done for you with this setup. Just plug and play. Prices are non-negotiable. Items will ship separately.

-Shawn

Matrix:
Pm on the Tank

legranddudu :
Which solenoids from Doug? the regular or the large ones? cannot see on your pics...
thx
denis fly hybrid!

Ghambit :
@legranddudu

All sold 'cept the rail. Thx guys.

Pm on the Tank
Ghambit
will you take a even $100.00 for the tank shipped? I have Paypal, so if you agree , send me your Paypal address to send payment to.

Ghambit:
Sorry, tank sold already to a budding hybrid flyer.

Matrix:
SO MUCH FOR BEING THE FIRST TO RESPOND TO TRY TO BUY THE TANK!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM SNIPE IT FROM ME!! SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO IS DOING THAT!!!!
I hope it wasn't you: legranddudu?

Matrix:
I thought people on this Forum usually have respect on when a person pm someone to buy something that they don't try to snipe it from a potential buyer!!! I guess its better to buy from ebay than here, that way there not someone scamming!!!!

Uh, what is your problem? You offered "Less" when his posting said very clearly "Prices are not negotiable". So chances are good that you missed out by trying to chisel off $5.

Money talks, BS walks. If someone offered the full amount then I don't see the issue here. There isn't any "sniping" going on. Just because you PM doesn't mean that you automatically get the item. Nobody owes you anything.

</rant off> man I need some coffee

How do you know you were first to PM? :confused2:

That's what I was thinking....you may have been the first to post that you PM'd....but 8+ hours after the listing was made, you may have been #10 for all you know.

Sometimes you get it...sometimes you don't. The good stuff goes really quick.

If he didn't agree then he could have said so, and I would have paid for the full amount, Im not fussy over 5 bucks and. and first off he didn't respond to first pm till 2 days later. I really don't think it was a matter of 5 dollars quote: (budding hybrid flyer) and usually someone who pm with offer usually they will post it, unless they knew that someone has pm him already and is trying to snipe the deal cause he knows him; all those who disagree must have done this before. I guess I should join the sniping club! watch out bidder!

Last edited:
A couple things...

First, you assume that everyone who submits a PM to someone selling stuff posts that they've done so. Numerous times, I've submitted a PM offering to buy something without making a post indicating I've done so.

So, based on what you posted you really don't know if you submitted the first offer or not. In addition, if you offered $5 less than requested, then the next PM was someone offering the full amount, the seller has done nothing wrong, and nobody has sniped you -- he offered it for sale for a certain amount, and he sold it to the first person who offered him the amount he requested.

Second, reposting a PM sent to you without the sender's permission is a bit inconsiderate. If the sender meant for it to be public, he likely would've made it public.

I've made offers to people a bit under what they're asking, or asking them to cover shipping. I fully expect that if they get someone else offering exactly what they asked for, they're going to take it over what I offered.

-Kevin

It was a great deal. I understand the anger missing out on it, but it is not the fault of the guy who offered the price he was asking.

only those who do this will take offense to my statement! and they know who they are!

You seem to be missing the very obvious point you didn't offer to pay the selling price. The custom isn't just first PM takes if for whatever offered, or whoever is close. And as mentioned no proof you were first. It's first to offer the full price, especially when prices are listed as firm.

I have offered less than the asking price for an item before. I said something to the effect of, its worth this to me, so if you can't ultimately get your asking price and this is enough I would be glad to have it. Both times the seller got what they were asking ultimtely, so I didn't get the item at "my price." In one case it took about 4-5 days after my offer, but that is fine. In fact I'm glad the sellers got what they wanted for it, it just wasn't worth that to me.

In general calm down, there is plenty of legitimately upsetting stuff in the world to get in a twist over.

Back