The world's coolest history teacher? Ladies & gentlemen, meet 'The Fat Electrician'

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I didn't watch the video.)
U505- They didn't steal the submarine, they captured it during wartime! The first enemy vessel captured during wartime in many years. There was a movie roughly inspired by this event. That submarine is now at a museum in Chicago.

(I didn't watch the video.)
U505- They didn't steal the submarine, they captured it during wartime! The first enemy vessel captured during wartime in many years. There was a movie roughly inspired by this event. That submarine is now at a museum in Chicago.
The commander of the carrier task group was Daniel V. Gallery, and the story of the capture is told in his book "U505". Oh, I have toured the U505, one of the few things I had time to see during a short visit to Chicago.

"boat-swain"?

Got the book off the shelf, have to give it another quick read.
Gallery also authored several books of humorous military stories and anecdotes, and one submarine/military cold-war drama titled "The Brink". Wasn't bad though now it's pretty dated.

Last edited:
Back