The tale of the Level 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing, I noticed on your el diablo altimeter bay that you attached your altimeter to the mounting tube with long bolts and nylon spacers. Where did you get screws/bolts long enough and small enough in diameter to fit in the holes in the altimeter board?
Thanks

Dave

hmmm, sounds like you may need 3 kits. What is the chance of you buying 3 and taking one back if you dont?

And yes it is the AMRAAM with the Conan fillets... :D

I usually try to get all the hardware I can't find at Lowe's from McMasters-Carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/ I like their prices and products...

Well folks, the exterior is basically done, or at least all I care to take pics of. So I put her all together in my foyer. So, here she is, in all her green/purple/gold glory! The one, the only, Wife's New Furniture: https://www.cybergatetech.com/phpgraphy/?dir=Rocketry/MegaNuk/&startpic=91

List of things still left to do:
:D 75mm retainer to be installed in the adaptor.
:D Soldering and installing of the switches.
:D Milling and installing of the rail buttons.
:D One joining t-nut needs to be fixed.
:D Material needs to be purchased to seal the alt bay.
:cool: Level 3 documentation needs to updated with the on-the-fly building changes.
:( Need to find a M1315 some time in the future.
:( Need to buy the Dr. Rocket casing for the M1315.

So, as you see, as far as building goes, she is just about done. I'm hoping July or August depending on the job situation and availability of motors.

Phil, she looks great!!

Are the gold bands just paint or did you do something special there?

Way to go!!

Jason

Good-googlie-mooglie! That is awesome man. Can't wait to see that thing go.

The gold bands are Monocote trim. They match pretty good with the purple/green paint and were alot easier to keep straight then trying to paint gold.

She looks great, the gold bands are perfect! Best of luck on the flight, not that it is needed :D (just hope the engine availability isn't an issue)

I hope so too, but it may affect the flight date. I'm going to start looking for an M1315 when I can afford to buy one. Wish me luck. :)

Back