The Launch Pad (TLP) - Hellfire AGM-114A

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask where your CG is located with a loaded motor (if flown successfully) @Fishhead ? I just finished mine and am a bit concerned because Rocksim seems a bit strange to me regarding the CG

What happened to the guy at TLP?
Is he still around?
From what I've heard he might have been trying to sell the company, but (rumor) wasn't getting offered as much as he was looking for.

There are plan packs still being sold (probably like printing money at this point lol), so that itself is still going and maybe it makes more sense since it targets scratch builders and I've read too many negative reviews from people expecting Estes style builds and flights...no where near lol.

From what I've heard he might have been trying to sell the company, but (rumor) wasn't getting offered as much as he was looking for.

There are plan packs still being sold (probably like printing money at this point lol), so that itself is still going and maybe it makes more sense since it targets scratch builders and I've read too many negative reviews from people expecting Estes style builds and flights...no where near lol.
I always loved to read the negative reviews and chuckel at the authors doing modifications and refusing to properly balance the resulting abominations through sheer ignorance and arrogance. I even miss the TLP Haters bashing the quality of the MID POWER components and quirky features of the kits. Oh the terror of the modified TLP launch...where is the CP and distance to the CG?

I ain't using no more stinking, performance robbing nose weight in my bullet proofed beauty. Just put in a bigger motor! Dang it! The kit should be balanced like ESTES! HUGE IDIOT FACTOR!

Beware of TLP. It can lead to building skills, mindsims and the path to the dark arts. ;)

May I ask where your CG is located with a loaded motor (if flown successfully) @Fishhead ? I just finished mine and am a bit concerned because Rocksim seems a bit strange to me regarding the CG
You may need to turn off your targeting computer and use the Force. I know it is hard to not rely on the ease and comfort of the machines, but a minor garbage in can lead to major garbage out and much consternation when it comes to the little bitch known as the TLP HELLFIRE. Give in to your feelings and utilize other old school techniques like cardboard cut outs and swing testing. The old Jedi traditional tools still may have some value. If desperate, build a wind tunnel!

With experience you can then explore, at your peril, the dark side of the mindsim. We will watch your future scratch builds with much interest. ;)

20221119_135739.jpg
So many old TLP kits and a trusted ESTES. This box, after a few years storage, decided to fall off the top shelf in the garage a put a small scratch on the Beemer! Is it a sign from the rocket gods? Do I needed to dust off and launch again to appease them? Am I to face the curse of TLP swamp mud nose weight? So much TLP fear flowing through me. Will it make me strong? ;)

View attachment 546839
So many old TLP kits and a trusted ESTES. This box, after a few years storage, decided to fall off the top shelf in the garage a put a small scratch on the Beemer! Is it a sign from the rocket gods? Do I needed to dust off and launch again to appease them? Am I to face the curse of TLP swamp mud nose weight? So much TLP fear flowing through me. Will it make me strong? ;)
launch those bad boys, or give them away to some young guys at a launch. đź‘Ť

Back