The K and S chute fairy came!!! woo hoo.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
The postman came yesterday... I love that

these are for my Aries SST project .

check it out here

https://www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5663

I got the H120 and H48 (120" hemi and 48" hemi" both matching colors.

All I can say is THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL... built tough looks great, I cant wait to fly the dang thing!!

Thanks Scott. you ROCK!

chute2.jpg

chute1jpg.jpg

I highly recommend K and S they are the TOPS!! :cheers:

Sorry, dude... you'll have to send that chute back to Scott. He knew that design was trademarked when he sold it to you!

That's the pattern we used for our 72" chute on the school's SLI rocket (which, of course, carried your decals).
:neener::neener::neener:

Hey, Scott! We want royalties! :roll:

Dragging the line.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, dude... you'll have to send that chute back to Scott. He knew that design was trademarked when he sold it to you!

That's the pattern we used for our 72" chute on the school's SLI rocket (which, of course, carried your decals).
:neener::neener::neener:

Hey, Scott! We want royalties! :roll:

Hey Wayne, those colors are also my kids school colors. I have about 12 chutes with the same color pattern so sorry no royalties...:D:neener:.

So how did you guys make out with your SLI rocket?

Mark please get me some picture when you fly it. I am glad you are happy with the chutes. Also I got the decals on Sat. let me know what I owe you.

Thanks

So how did you guys make out with your SLI rocket?

Harrumph! And here I thought we were getting an original! :)

TEXAN-1 did well, after a couple of false starts (first pad was only 10' of rail - we needed 12', then a wire lost continuity between the flight computer and one of the ejection charges) it flew great, hit a mile plus at 5,369 feet straight up. Winds aloft were a bit strong, so we drifted over the forest for a tree-recovery. The booster was about 10' off the ground, and though not reachable by hand, easily reached with a short pole, and the payload came down softly into a clump of bushes with that pretty chute opening for yet a second time that flight! All the ladybugs survived, and the flight was declared a success! The only bummer is that with the delays, we ran out of time for the internal camera/DVR to record the flight, so we have no video of what happened during or immediately after the flight. Oh, well... can't have everything all of the time! :)

Mark please get me some picture when you fly it. I am glad you are happy with the chutes. Also I got the decals on Sat. let me know what I owe you.

Thanks

Owe me? no way. you made out those Chutes are WELL worth what I paid and MORE. I got the good end of the deal bro. thanks again. :D

Nah... we'll chalk it up to detente, and a spirit of cooperation! :cheers:

"We'll call it a draw.."

So, what did your wife say when you told her you had to change to a shirt that matched the parachute, before she took the picture?

-Kevin

So, what did your wife say when you told her you had to change to a shirt that matched the parachute, before she took the picture?

-Kevin

She called me a big DORK... Just look at me running.. that confirms it LOL

Heh, nice pic. Did you get to the rocket before it made it to (and across) the pavement? :shock:

Heh, nice pic. Did you get to the rocket before it made it to (and across) the pavement? :shock:

That's Jack Sprague, president of DARS and one of our SLI team's mentors doing the fancy footwork, there. He almost caught it before it hit the taxiway (we were flying with the Houston Tripoli folks at their launch site at the Hearne Municipal Airport -sweeeet place to flly!). Just a few little scuff marks on the payload bay.

Now, if I were running after it, it'd STILL be going (and that was back in March!) :marshmallow::marshmallow:

Mark, that chute looks freeking awesome!!! Scott is making my 18' cupped chute in black and yellow as I type and I can't wait to see it. It should be here next week sometime and part of me does not want to open it until LDRS. I know when it arrives it will probably look so nice, New, folded and wrapped, that once opened it will never be packed that nice again. I won't be able to resist though and open it. If we get a good windy day, maybe I will let one of my kids hold it and watch them fly away with it. Kidding, just kidding folks, I would not want to loose my nice new chute ;)

I wanna know what your neighbors thought of you running down the street like that???? Probably something like this.......

"Hey Maude, ya gotta see this. Looks like crazy Mark has gone over the edge now and is going to launch himself next time."

LOL....I know my neighbors think I am nuts and once in a while will come over when I am painting a larger project and just roll their eyes and smile. What I think is even funnier, is that about 6 months ago we got new neighbors across the street from us and they are from India. I can only imagine what was going through their heads the first time they saw me loading up the trailer with the big rockets and missles I have built. :y:

...Fudd

Are you guys making fun of me? :confused2:

Gary, when you get it open it up. they fold up NICE. I folded mine into the 6" deploy bag that I got with it.. NO PROBLEM. I did it by myself EXCEPT for someone holding the shrouds to keep them straight while I rubberbannded them.

Yesterday we had 40 MPH wind gusts. I had to try it out.. Dang near dragged ME down the street. we are next to a mountain in a cove so the wind whips around. I had it all inflated, fighting to keep me on the ground, and the wind changed directions.. my wife thought is was going to hit my neighbors car so she jumped in the way... a shroud line caught here next to her eye... shes got a nice bruise there now.. OUCH.

we went to the store.. i felt like going down the beer isle, then yelling at her.. "Woman. bet me a case of miller.. and make it fast this time or I'll do the other eye.." LOL The mormons out here would have fainted LOL

Can't wait to see your chute at LDRS bro!

Are you guys making fun of me? :confused2:

Gary, when you get it open it up. they fold up NICE. I folded mine into the 6" deploy bag that I got with it.. NO PROBLEM. I did it by myself EXCEPT for someone holding the shrouds to keep them straight while I rubberbannded them.

Yesterday we had 40 MPH wind gusts. I had to try it out.. Dang near dragged ME down the street. we are next to a mountain in a cove so the wind whips around. I had it all inflated, fighting to keep me on the ground, and the wind changed directions.. my wife thought is was going to hit my neighbors car so she jumped in the way... a shroud line caught here next to her eye... shes got a nice bruise there now.. OUCH.

we went to the store.. i felt like going down the beer isle, then yelling at her.. "Woman. bet me a case of miller.. and make it fast this time or I'll do the other eye.." LOL The mormons out here would have fainted LOL

Can't wait to see your chute at LDRS bro!

Mark, if we did not pick on you then you would think we did not like you...:D

Be careful around the cords. I ended up with with a large cut on my arm when a cord wrapped around my arm when I was playing with a 38' cargo chute. Then again I should not have been playing around with the chute in 35mph winds since it drug me across my yard and the neighbors.

Mark, that chute looks freeking awesome!!! Scott is making my 18' cupped chute in black and yellow as I type and I can't wait to see it. It should be here next week sometime and part of me does not want to open it until LDRS. I know when it arrives it will probably look so nice, New, folded and wrapped, that once opened it will never be packed that nice again. I won't be able to resist though and open it. If we get a good windy day, maybe I will let one of my kids hold it and watch them fly away with it. Kidding, just kidding folks, I would not want to loose my nice new chute ;)

I wanna know what your neighbors thought of you running down the street like that???? Probably something like this.......

"Hey Maude, ya gotta see this. Looks like crazy Mark has gone over the edge now and is going to launch himself next time."

LOL....I know my neighbors think I am nuts and once in a while will come over when I am painting a larger project and just roll their eyes and smile. What I think is even funnier, is that about 6 months ago we got new neighbors across the street from us and they are from India. I can only imagine what was going through their heads the first time they saw me loading up the trailer with the big rockets and missles I have built. :y:

...Fudd

Gary, This chute makes me look for the fly swatter since it reminds me of a Bee...:D I got the canopy done and will cut the cords later today. I should have it all done tomorrow.

Thanks

Mark, if we did not pick on you then you would think we did not like you...:D

Be careful around the cords. I ended up with with a large cut on my arm when a cord wrapped around my arm when I was playing with a 38' cargo chute. Then again I should not have been playing around with the chute in 35mph winds since it drug me across my yard and the neighbors.

Thanks and Thanks for the warning.. I seen it coming. I was like.. "No let it go." but too late.. I don't think she will ever do it again LOL

This may prevent me from buying one as I am not sure I want the K&S Chute Fairy (shown above?) come skipping down my street tugging a big parachute. Although the personal service is kind of novel.

LOL. Thats OK I have done worse.. sometimes I get naked put a rubber glove on my head and run down the street yelling "I'm a Squid I'm a Squid" but only after a few drinks..

-Kevin

It looke like the person standing behind the chute in the first picture matches to.

This may prevent me from buying one as I am not sure I want the K&S Chute Fairy (shown above?) come skipping down my street tugging a big parachute. Although the personal service is kind of novel.

OMG, you almost made me spit soda all over my keyboard. Too funny!!

Mark, I think you will forever be known now as the K&S Chute Fairy. That picture is destined to be photoshopped in some way.

...Fudd

Last edited:
It looke like the person standing behind the chute in the first picture matches to.

were all color coded LOL

OMG, you almost made me spit soda all over my keyboard. Too funny!!

Mark, I think you will forever be known now as the K&S Chute Fairy. That picture is destined to be photoshopped in some way.

...Fudd

Oh God, please NO... of course It could be worse... I could mention the Blue papertowels I think I have the GPS cords.. I bet you can still see them on Google Earth.

What blue paper towels??, I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused2:

You know, I knew there was something you had on me when I was posting my comment but I could not remember what it was, sooooooooo I will be quiet now. ;)

Of course, now everyone who reads this thread is going to want to know what the hell we are talking about,,, blue towels, GPS coordinates, can be seen on Google Earth, Space Shuttle flew over and thought it was a landing marker, etc, etc. hahahaha.

...Fudd

Last edited:
What blue paper towels??, I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused2:

You know, I knew there was something you had on me when I was posting my comment but I could not remember what it was, sooooooooo I will be quiet now. ;)

Of course, now everyone who reads this thread is going to want to know what the hell we are talking about,,, blue towels, GPS coordinates, can be seen on Google Earth, Space Shuttle flew over and thought it was a landing marker, etc, etc. hahahaha.

...Fudd

HA HA got cha...... :D

My new KSR-18 chute arrived and I have to agree with Mark, Scott at K&S does great work using high quality materials at a great price. I looked into several chute manufacturers and after comparing price, quality of material, and service, K&S was who I went with and am very pleased.

Now, I can't wait to see it in action at LDRS.

...Fudd

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

Last edited:
My new KSR-18 chute arrived and I have to agree with Mark, Scott at K&S does great work using high quality materials at a great price. I looked into several chute manufacturers and after comparing price, quality of material, and service, K&S was who I went with and am very pleased.

...Fudd

FUDD.

The yellow looks cool. You wont miss that one in the sky...

Now you have to run down the street with it like a spaz.. LOL

...Fudd

Glad you like it. Get some pictures at LDRS being used. Thank you for your business.

Back