terms for the NOOB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_mills

Reaction score
I have come across several terms that i would appreciate a small inerpretation for .

BAR

IIRC

CATO

BAR
Born again rocketeer

IIRC
If I recall Correctly

CATO
I don't want people showing up at my house with pitchforks and torches, so I a just going to stay quiet on this one...
:)
Essentially it means the motor blows up or fails.

BAR - Born again Rocketeer

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

CATO - I'll leave that to someone else...

1 Yup
2 Yup
3 Cato- He was the sidekick for the Green Hornet!! And Inspector Clouseau's manservant. :facepalm:

OK, I'll risk it... Catastrophic failure.

Adrian

BAR - Born again Rocketeer IIRC - If I Remember Correctly CATO - I'll leave that to someone else...

Cato- wasn't he the guy in the Pink Panther Movies?

I avoid the term in rocketry as much as possible, was told I had one once but I try not to think about it ........ Brings back nightmares and memories of lots of therapy ( many purchases in a particular trailer at our club launches). My wife still can't talk about it -the purchases that is. :)

Catastrophic Anomaly on Take Off..........................

Teddy

Catastrophic Anomaly on Take Off..........................

Teddy

Teddy, I agree with you, but if an angry mob shows up at your house demanding you change your answer, it was nice knowin ya. :y: :rofl:

AAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwww mmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn

Nate,,,,,,,, say it ain't so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I thought we were buddies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,lol,,,,,

What ever happened to----hey,,, I got your back pal,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,lol,,,

Boy I got a good chuckle off that one Nate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Tanx,,,,,,,,,,

Teddy

Oh, newbie... Even asking about CATO proves you are a newbie.

There is a controversy over whether CATO is an acronym for something like Catastrophe On Take Off, or if it should be lower case cato, just short for catastrophe. Personally, I don't know, but I lean toward an acronym for Completely And Totally Obliterated. Or maybe Cat Ass Trophy, Oh-wells! Either way, the engine blew up inside your rocket --- KABOOM! That is a CATO/cato.

Back