TARC 2004

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzy

Reaction score
Subject: TARC 2004

The Team America Rocketry Challenge was originally planned as a one time event, but due to the unbelievable number of requests, the Aerospace Industries Association and the National Association of Rocketry have decided to hold another contest for the 2003/2004 school year.

The contest will be open to state accredited public or private U.S. high schools and middle schools. Team members must be in 7th through 12th grade and home school students may be included on high school or middle school teams at the discretion of the school principal. The finals will be held on May 15, 2004, at Great Meadow, The Plains, VA.

Detailed information, including the objective (similar to last year's but with a different altitude), the rules, and an application will be posted at www.rocketcontest.org on September 2, 2003.

If you participated in the 2002/2003 event, your costs to participate in the 2003/2004 event will be a lot less because all the materials you used (Adept altimeter, RockSim, and Handbook of Model Rocketry) can be used again. For planning purposes, the costs to enter the 2003/2004 event will be around $60 for teams that have supplies and $200 for teams that are entering for the first time.

If you know of other educators and students that might be interested in the Challenge, please forward this email to them and ask them to fill out the pop-up form at www.rocketcontest.org to receive updates about the 2003-2004 contest.

This is too cool! I really wanted to participate last time, but didn't have the chance to. I'll make sure to do my best this time!

Jason

Back