Sunward Hobbies to Open New Retail General Hobby Store

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At Sunward we are pleased to announce we will be opening a new retail general hobby store under the Sunward Hobbies name and operating from www.sunwardhobbies.ca website.

The store will carry a full line of hobby products including plastic model kits, trains, paints, slot cars, R/C, science kits, and general hobby items.

The store has now moved to:
address is
111 Miranda Ave
Toronto, ON
M6B 3W8

Possession of the unit has already taken place and there will be some clean up and renovations. After initial set up, we should be able to start limited retail operations the week of mid-July. Setup and stocking will continue for a few months after the store initially opens.

Sunward Group Limited is not stopping manufacturing operations of current products. These operations will not only continue but will expand due to more space being available. We are still exhibiting at Fan Expo Canada in Toronto (as retailers) and at iHobby Expo in Chicago (as manufacturers).

We look forward to meeting our current and future customers at the new location.

Details will be posted as they become available.

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/content/sunward-hobbies-open-new-retail-general-hobby-store

store-setup.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, very cool development!

I hope this is a stellar success for you

Cool! I was looking into getting some plastic models and my money is better spent with you guys than buying from the giant box stores. That's assumeing you'll have an internet store where I can get them? A higher price doesn't bother me here, the other options are WallyWorld and Hobby Lobby.

Good luck Angelo! I'll stop by if I ever make it through Toronto again.

thanks to all. for words of encouragement.

.... That's assuming you'll have an internet store where I can get them? ....
the online store for the hobby side is at www.sunwardhobbies.ca and is geared to Canadian buyers.

Unfortunately, I can't compete with US based sellers as my shipping costs are way too high for shipping to the US from Canada. I can do it for Sunward products as I provide it as a service.

However, if you are ordering some Sunward goods and need some hobby stuff added on, send an email and I will see what I can do.

Wonderful news! Congratulations Angelo, and best wishes on this new venture for you!!

P.S. Great location, right beside a bank!

I hope to make it there one day ,as I frequent the GTA at least once a year (sister`s in Mississauga)

As for CTI/Cessaroni...you have mine and my clubs exclusive hardware and reload orders.

My brother just recieved an order from you (54mm hardware kit) and said to pass along his sincere thanks !

Claude was very impressed with the price and superb shipping and service you provided.

All the best now and in the future Angelo ,and hope to see you in person one day !

Cheers

Paul t

sorry for the general reply but kind of a little busy.

Again thanks to all. Yes, next to a bank. Even see the nightly visits by the armoured truck. Not tempted at the least.

I put the .ca but wonder if it is a little too early. Time will tell.

Visits are welcome as we are spending lots of time here. Still haven't moved everything and production is almost at a standstill. Will get started soon.

We have lots of stuff to come in but now are open and have regular summer hours:

• Monday to Wednesday: 10 to 6
  • Thursday and Friday 10-8
  • Saturday 10-5

Current hours and location is at:
https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/hours-and-location

Not that we should need any further incentive to visit the new store, but I note with profound pleasure that it is located just a short distance south of one of the best delis in T.O., Katz's Deli and Corned Beef Emporium, which is located at 3300 Dufferin Street. Now, which establishment to visit first when next in town?:confused:

Not that we should need any further incentive to visit the new store, but I note with profound pleasure that it is located just a short distance south of one of the best delis in T.O., Katz's Deli and Corned Beef Emporium, which is located at 3300 Dufferin Street. Now, which establishment to visit first when next in town?:confused:

You stop at your deli and you bring one to Angelo, he deserve it.

Back