STUDENT ORG NEEDS HELP ASAP: nonfunctional main valve w/ competition in a few days

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datyam

Reaction score
We're an org entering into a rocket competition in a couple days but our main valve is having problems. Its a dual proportioning valve and we're having trouble with the LOx side. When the ball valves are closed and air pressure is put through the inlet of the lox side (green) air comes out of the outlet. Its almost the exact pressure as what was input. There are metal seals on each side which is puzzling because it seems as if they are not doing their job but i doubt they would be manufactured wrong like that; if anyone has any idea as to why its designed this way/what's wrong with this valve please let me know ASAP. I need to get this valve up and running in the next 24 hours.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=265886&d=1434787599&thumb=1&stc=1

In the photo is the main valve with an exploded view of the insides of the LOx outlet + metal seal.

Thanks for any help you can give

IMG_0267.JPG

I think almost everyone on this forum is into solid fuel rockets. We don't even have a forum for air rockets. Maybe someone will be diverse enough to know, but I wouldn't count on it.

Bob Krech would know more about this than anyone else around here I believe. Maybe he'll see this but it would have been better to place it in the Propulsion Section where he Moderates.

Back