Starlight Rocketry Bomarc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The ramjet tubes are way too long. I cut mine down to about 3 inches each.
2. If you sand and shape the raceways it will make for a much better appearance and closer to scale.
3. The initial decals provided were too large. Bob posted on the Starlight FB page that he will supply a new, smaller decal sheet for free if you purchased one of the initial release kits. Just message him.
That's all I can think of right now,

Well the header card says the model is 23" long...it's not! Some of the dimensions in the instructions have been crossed out and inked in so that you cannot read. On another forum the kit was basically trashed!😑Overall kinda disappointing... Thank you for the reply.

Adapt, overcome, improvise.
You can get a nice looking model from what is provided.
I'm leaving the ramjets off the tube and filling, primering and painting it separately until final assembly.
Good luck with your build.

This 10” measurement was marked out…is the inked in measurement 6.5”?…or something else? Hard to tell!🙄
You can easily figure out where to put them using these...
airdwg40.jpgFB_IMG_1553999713950.jpg1bm.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thank you! I'll proceed from there! I don't want to be disrespectful to the makers of the kit...thanking them for making a model of a missile that I like!🙂It will be a fun model!

Looking good.
See the third item in post #2.

2. If you sand and shape the raceways it will make for a much better appearance and closer to scale.
3. The initial decals provided were too large. Bob posted on the Starlight FB page that he will supply a new, smaller decal sheet for free if you purchased one of the initial release kits. Just message him.
That's all I can think of right
That's all I can think of right now,

Well the header card says the model is 23" long...it's not! Some of the dimensions in the instructions have been crossed out and inked in so that you cannot read. On another forum the kit was basically trashed!😑Overall kinda disappointing... Thank you for the

I did stub my toe on the release of this kit. But getting the issues rectified.
New decals (30% smaller) if you have the original larger ones let me know and I will get you the right ones.
New instructions and header cards just got finished recently so all the new ones will be proper.
We has a few go out the door with 6" nacelle tubes.that has long been corrected with 4.5" tubes
A new nose cone grinder is almost done so in the not to distant future the ram jet cones will be made without a seam.
I learned a few things with this project. #1 when working with a graphic artist TRIPPLE check everything and build another kit by following the directions they wrote and printed.
Thanks to everyone for there support.
Mr. Bob

Idk if Madcows is a glider. Every 2.6 of thetes I have seen were parachute recovery. That doesnt mean any (including mine) couldn't be modified to glide.
Mr. Bob
MC is not a glider, but modification is clearly possible. I started working on an RC one years ago, but got distracted by another project. Definitely consider more wing area and an airfoil. Attached is a link to the plans/article I was using. It was designed for a large Jetex motor and could be scaled to what ever you need. It would be a great project.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=8256

Pre Estes NCR made a 2.6, that could be converted to Glide. Outside of that, the only other production one I know of was the BT55 based Estes Citation series.

Attachments

• Early NCR Bomarc 002.jpg
    Early NCR Bomarc 002.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I (Dynasoar Rocketry) made/sold many 2.6" R/C gliding bomarc kits..extremely light for the size, about a third of the weight of the madcow kit at the same scale. In my opinion there's no way to convert the mad cow kit to do anything close to a glide, way too heavy.
https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=6224

Last edited:
Back