Someone Asked An Autonomous AI To Destroy Humanity . . . This Is What Happened !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like it when people mess with AI like that. Eventually AI will become powerful enough to have those resources and then when some joker asks AI to destroy humanity... well... boom!

First thing I do is call Matthew Broderick, get him to hack in the back door, and start a game of Tic Tac Toe. ;)

Y2K was a real thing. I worked on the software and was systems analyst for the Melbourne train system in the leadup to 2000. Without the significant works, both software and hardware (upgraded to PDP11-84 units) the system would have ground to a halt about a week after rollover.

There was a lot of work done in many industries so it did actually go smoothly.

Y2K was a real thing.
yep. we did y2k remediation for years before, and without that, everything would have failed. things still do fail, occasionally, from y2k and similar rollovers. 2020 had a half dozen of those, around the world. the nay-sayers drive me nuts, they're just ignorant fools.

Back