So, where'd the Michigan fans go?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here from Appalachian State? I'd like to buy you a drink. :D

----------------
Go Badgers!

I didn't even watch SportsCenter. Saw it in this morning's paper.

Tooo funny.

Has the population of the state of Michigan gotten smaller in the last 24 hours? Suicide rate up?

:surprised:

I live at the foot of the mountain from App State, and have been there many times taking classes. The whole mountain was jumping Sat night. About half of the people I work with got their teaching degrees from App, so work should be fun Tues. As for those Michigan fans, I guess thy learned the hard way not to count these old mountain boys out, or as they say around here Ya'll come back now, here :D

I'm in Penn State, and we cheered louder for the news Michagan was losing than we did for our own team at OUR football game. It was beautiful.

The same place the uppity Ohio St fans went after Florida whupped their butts in National Title game last season...into a cave to sulk in embarrassment :)

One of THE most hilarious games ever. So much for their National championship hopes...Carr's now fighting for his job more than before.

MarkM seems to think that the Ohio State fans are sulking. On the contrary, my Ohio State flag flies every football weekend and was up for the Basketball championships. I had to stop flying my "Block O" flag becasue the durn Texans down here in Fort Worth thought it was Oklahoma.

Yes, Florida won both the NCAA football and basketball championships. Kudos to them. There were 119 1-A teams who started last year. Ohio State played in the title game. How many colleges field basketball teams? Sixty-five started the tournament and Ohio State was in the title game.

Sure losing both title games hurt. But so does not being in the game.

Both Ohio State teams will re-load this year. We shall see what the seasons bring.

As the saying goes: my two favorite teams are Ohio State and whoevr beats Michigan.

How about them Appalachian State Mountaineers!

Chas
A Buckeye taking a job away from a Texan

I think it's a good thing. Now, they can get rid of all the pressure of expectations and focus on the only goal for the season - pounding the ever loving crap out of the toxic nuts at the end of the season.

I'm a Michigan fan, but a BGSU Alumni - I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Falcons beat Minnesota! Man, that was awesome! Not a good day for the Big Ten, but hey...lol

One of the things I like about college football is that your team can have the worst record ever, but if they beat your rivals it's a great season. :)

-- Roger

Our whole family was up in Boone on Saturday and Sunday to visit my sister at Appalachian. There were people running around everywhere, cars honking, it was quite exiting :D.

David,

So glad to hear that you were so excited about exiting! Sorry, my dear dimpled daughter teaches high school and, now, community college English.

I was the one at the Red River Rocketry/SEMROC area who helped you with you C Rocket Glider. You know, the one that you used to defeat my teammate's daughters... Matt was not amused. Still, you had good flights once we corrected a few potential failure modes.

See, you can root for one team and still support another in the spirit of competition.

That said: Go BUCKS!

My co-workers still don;'t understand the eleven game preseason and then The Game!.

Chas

Unlike some people who change their "team" based on how their team is doing, I always stick with my team....... even with a lost to App State.

My family has been a Michigan family for 3 generations. My grandmother taught at Michigan back in the 60's and 70's and now has a building on campus named after her. (she left a ton of money to the university when she passed away in 2003)

:rotflol::rotflol::rotflol:
As the only Michigander with the guts to check in on this thread, let me just say that due to the mean, spite-filled, disrespectful nature of Kermie's post I'm reporting it to a moderator. :cry:

On second thought, I agree with it. :lol:

I work with a former captain of the Michigan football team. Tomorrow should be fun! :rotflol:

So how did Michigan do yesterday? :cool:

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

Wow, it was funny after the first one, now I truly feel bad for Michigan. Next week they don't have to face that spread option offense, so hopefully it'll go better. :(

No shame here, flag flys high on the flagpole.

Yeah, but that pole ain't as tall as it used to be... Who would have thunk it? Michigan vs. the Irish, with neither team even getting a vote in AP polls, let alone ranked. Michigan outranked by such hallowed programs as Rutgers, South Florida, Hawaii, and even (my hometown) University of Cincinnati (football, not basketball).

Has UM won since Bo died? Maybe someone needs to call an exorcist.

Latest posts

Back