So, my wife says to me.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazzdevl1

Reaction score
My beautiful wife of 7 months and I were having a conversation over coffee this past weekend. I was complaining about a R/C airplane (my other addiction) kit that I was working on. My complaint was the poor quality if the parts and the lacking instruction manual. She asked if it was a cheap kit. I said "yeah, it didn't cost much." Of course, that's my standard answer to this question when it concerns hobby related items! But, truth be known, it WAS a cheap kit. Well, her responce nearly floored me. She said, "Well, spend more on them." SHE SAID SPEND MORE MONEY ON HOBBY KITS!!!:D

Beauty, brains and she let me spend more on my hobbies.!! Am I a lucky man or what?

Cliff

I know my wife of one year and i got married on the lakebed at ROCSTOCK in november. whats reall cool is now i'll never forget our anniversery. It falls on ROCSTOCK weekend every year. and better yet this year for our anniversery she bought me my motor for my level III flight!! an $400 M2400T!!! So i flew it on our anniversery!! successfully might i add.

She also loves flying rockets, cand camping out so rocket weekends are great. shes got beauty, brains and HELPs me flly rockets!!

heres her pic helping me recover my redstone!!! Oh and she cooks cleans and is awsome in ....... well you know..

I'll second that. (er, third that actually) Now if I can only get her into rocketry as well. But, then again I'd better not push it. huh?

But if I let my wife get involved, then she'd want to

1) Work in my shop and "shudder" try to keep it neat and organized
2) Want to use my 38-600 case when I want to
3) Make me fetch her rockets when they land.

Worse, she might be able to detect when I am desperately trying to pull one off where I have a "technical need" for some new toy.

I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

Thankfully she supports me (heck she makes a mean hemispherical chute). She can decomission rockets post launch faster than anyone I have ever seen.

Al

Aw, you rookies! You guys haven't been married long enough to realize what's really going on. Don't you see? It's all part of their plan to take over the world! LOL

While Kathy has never gotten *into* rocketry, she is (needless to say) a BIG part of my rocketry activity, coming out to many launches, especially the *away* launches.

She runs a big part of the company and has learned a lot about rocketry...

...the problem...??

If I walk into this house with an original "K-kit", she KNOWS I paid through the nose for it... LOL

She's to the point where she can *almost* nail the price that a collectable kit would go for these days... dang!

Mine is very tolerant of shop time generally. She does get miffed when I'm concentrating on something while she talking to/at me and I go into the male 1/2 to single syllable responses...

I tried to import spiders into the shop to be a woman ditterent, but I found she likes bugs...Oh, well..

"I tried to import spiders into the shop to be a woman ditterent, but I found she likes bugs...Oh, well.."

Mine too! Matter of fact, she rescues ME from the danged little eight legged freaks.

Tazz,

Take your wife to a big launch like Southern Thunder. Then wait for the moment she says "Why don't you have a big rocket like they have?" Then you say "Honey we can fix that."

Thanks,

Greg

That's good idea. But, the problem with that is I can't convince her to go with me to one of OUR launches........... yet.

As long as I pay for her needlepoint, my wife doesn't mind my hobby at all.

"At least he's not out drinking and screwing around on me. I know where he is..."

That, and when she sees a rocket she likes, she has me build and paint it for her. Like the Fat Boy we have that is pink and lavender and was renamed "Fat Bottomed Girl" for the Queen song.

~Bob

Latest posts

Back