So I had this bag of mini parts ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some BT20 scraps. I thought about making an 18mm something, but changed my mind cause it was all too little for that kind of power.
Decided I needed a retro space age rocket, even if it's just a little one.

Found a piece of BT-5 just big enough for a motor. Bent some wiper blade for a hook. 3D printed a couple of rings. Made a mini mount. Used a bit of epoxy on that cause it's plastic.

13mmMount.jpg

The real problem of course is what to do with all those little tubes. I played around with those. Maybe some pods? Maybe some outboard?
Finally decided to split my BT-20's with mini tubes.
And a little 3D printing to hold it all together:

IMG_1873.jpgIMG_1872.jpg

First, COOL rocket.

Second, I would LOVE to have a couple of those plastic adapter parts for a modified MIRV rocket.
Do you think the plastic would hold up to a 24 MM D12-0 motor blow through (zero delay motors don't have an ejection charge, so while pretty darn hot it's technically not an ejection charge.)

How much would you ask for production and shipping to Washington State?

I think a ring and some struts will do it. I even had a ring already cut to size. whoo hoo. Use up all those random parts.
I'll grab the big bag o' balsa and make some struts

IMG_1876.jpg

First, COOL rocket.

Second, I would LOVE to have a couple of those plastic adapter parts for a modified MIRV rocket.
Do you think the plastic would hold up to a 24 MM D12-0 motor blow through (zero delay motors don't have an ejection charge, so while pretty darn hot it's technically not an ejection charge.)

How much would you ask for production and shipping to Washington State?
You should go ask over on the 3D print forum. I'm sure someone could do that for you. Ideally you'd want that in ABS (which I can't do) or PETG plastic.

Pre-painted most of the pieces in silver. Shock cord mount is a leftover piece of kevlar thread tied through the upper transition.
That other thing at the top of the pic is a 3D printed fin guide.
I'm actually a little hesitant about the next step, but ... time to start gluing.

IMG_1878.jpg

I was really trying to make a "floating" ring today... and realized I just don't have the patience to make that work. But I like that ring. It's just going to sit on the fins.
Still cool.
I need to remember to put a launch lug on there somewhere.

The real problem of course is what to do with all those little tubes. I played around with those. Maybe some pods? Maybe some outboard?
Finally decided to split my BT-20's with mini tubes.
And a little 3D printing to hold it all together:

View attachment 603551View attachment 603553
Ain't 3d printing awesome ! Need a part, draw it up in the computer, print it out. I needed this at age 10. I'd be richer than Musk, lol.

Latest posts

Back