So, Do You Feel "Lucky" ? Try THIS One Out !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody got some depleted uranium to provide nose weight?

Booster miiiiight be stable post staging as well.

Other than that, just a simple two stage with RBFs* and a cool paint scheme.

*RBF: Really Big Fins

I saw a family with a couple of kids up at Bong last year. One of their scratch builds looked a lot like that. I had a chance to talk to them and asked about their rockets. They bought a designer kit off market place and let the kids have fun. The first time it flew the flight was stunningly stable. The second flight barely made it off the pad before it was unstable. Very entertaining to watch and I'm glad we were the only people out there at the time.

I saw a family with a couple of kids up at Bong last year. One of their scratch builds looked a lot like that. I had a chance to talk to them and asked about their rockets. They bought a designer kit off market place and let the kids have fun. The first time it flew the flight was stunningly stable. The second flight barely made it off the pad before it was unstable. Very entertaining to watch and I'm glad we were the only people out there at the time.
Curious if might have been motor issue, CG might significantly change between 16.2 gram A8-3 and 25.8 gram C6-5.

I'd love to be able to read the text. Especially around Figure 4, where the rocket is about to be hurled skyward by a bow, poised on the point of an arrow.

Why don't you run the images throught Google Lens, and post them here, so we can compare results ?
Google Lens is an app that uses your phone camera and can translate what is in view. So not the same as a full blown translation program that uses context to translate as well.
That said. Here you go for the page requested by Joe. Using Mob Phone to take photo of screen and translate.
File_20230820-120159.jpg

Last edited:
Google Lens is an app that uses your phone camera and can translate what is in view. So not the same as a full blown translation program that uses context to translate as well.
That said. Here you go for the page requested by Joe. Using Mob Phone to take photo of screen and translate.
The differences in translation are interesting . . .

GOOGLE LENS

1692557474737.png

YANDEX

1692557535491.png

Thanks for that. I was thinking a combination of OCR and translation software might do a decent job, but it seems like too much trouble to fins software that would do a good job. (Google Translate has a mode that's the same as Lens, but that really didn't seem like a good solution.)

So thanks for doing it.

Last edited:
Back