SL-100 reporting after power up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
Just powered mine up, no matches or jumpers. I get all the beeps then it goes silent and does nothing.

Am I missing something?

Per the SL-100 manual:

...continuity beeps repeated every 0.8 seconds: a single beep means drogue ematch continuity is OK, two beeps means main ematch continuity is OK, three beeps means both drogue & main have good continuity. If the altimeter remains silent at this point, it means that there is no continuity on either ematch terminal block.

That means it's working perfectly as designed.
Put a jumper in each place, drogue and or main and the beep sequence will change according to the configuration you are in.
Give it a try. Good to know and hear what you are listening for at home vs on the feild for the first time.

That means it's working perfectly as designed.
Put a jumper in each place, drogue and or main and the beep sequence will change according to the configuration you are in.
Give it a try. Good to know and hear what you are listening for at home vs on the feild for the first time.

Shorting the output terminals may not damage the unit it no attempt to fire the charges is made may not be a good idea.

From the SL100 Manual...

"Main Ejection Output Terminal Block:Connect to the electric match
for the main deployment charge (if used), or leave unconnected
otherwise. DO NOT SHORT CIRCUIT!"

Thank you all. Was worried it was broken!

Will try a test bulb in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Have tested with 2 ematches I have. 1 drouge and 1 main. Get the beeps.

Thanks guys, get ya self a beer

When I fly mine as an altimeter only I fly with bulbs in it. At least I know from the data that it is firing when expected. No damage experienced so far.

Back