Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on flying this @ the DARS Sport Launch in Frisco this Saturday :cool: .

Weather and luck permitting; for the first time in 35 years Col. Steve Austin will fly again!

lee-majors-o.gif

Oscar Goldman, Director of the OSI is considering the possibility of scrubbing today's launch due to weather.

Arrrgh.

Last edited:
It got called when the lightning started, just about exactly when that radar image was taken.

I missed the DARS local launch this weekend; was in Italy (the country, not Texas town lol). Looks like I missed GREAT weather. DANG!

OK - We flew! Landed hard but flew! Two flights. Here are a couple quick pix (snaps from video). I'll post the video and remaining pictures tomorrow.

First Flight: on G80-7T was too much delay and she "bounced" once then deployed the chute (in the air - so technically doesn't that count??). She came off the pad very stable; however became very unstable as the thrust dropped. She tumbled then hit the ground hard. Damage (surprisingly) was minimal and field repairs gave me a second shot!

Second flight: Thanks to John Dyer (Red River Rocketry) for the G77-4T trade! Stable off the pad, stable in the air, chute deployed but never fully inflated :( ~ There was enough drag produced to keep damage from being too serious.

All in all not bad for a PMC that was the equivalent of flying a Thermos.

I saw it fly and it was awesome!

The Bionic Man is tough enough to handle those high bounce recoveries...:)

Last edited:
Video of 2nd launch - 1st launch video is pretty rough (due to the "shortened" event lol).

[video]https://youtu.be/sR_6A3ewZ3o[/video]

Back