Sister sadness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isobig

Reaction score
Back in the fall of 2011 my sister started developing pain in her left shoulder area. It became so bad that she just stopped going to work, yet wouldn't go see a doctor. By the time Feb came around her husband and my other sister finally took her to the ER. Come to find out she had stage 4 breast cancer which had spread to her shoulder and spine. She was in the hospital for a bit and then has been home since. She did the radiation and the first round of chemo. She was doing ok for the most part and she even went out shopping regularly, even though it was only for an hour or 2.

She then started going downhill recently and would not go to the doctors, or even for her scheduled bloodwork. So her husband and my sister once again took her to the hospital yesterday by calling the ambulance. She has 2 masses in her brain and a large mass on her chest. How she managed to hide the chest mass from everyone for this long is beyond me. Of course they gave the expected prognosis which is never good. She will be coming home at some point and having a visiting nurse stop by everyday to give her the meds and help her be as comfortable as possible.

I would like to ask you all to say a prayer for her so that she can at least enjoy one last holiday season with us. Her husband has been trying to hold it together the best he can but I am sure he is hurting more than she is to see her suffering through this. Thank you all ahead of time for your concern, thoughts, and prayers.

She knew about a lump about 3 years ago from what I gather. She said she just thought it was a calcium deposit or whatever. If she went to get it checked at that time, I am sure I wouldn't be writing this here now. We went through this with our mother, almost exactly the same way, so all of us are left wondering why she would not get it checked at the first sign.

Again thanks for listening. I will update this as I know more.

Don't even need to ask for the prayers--already been sent. Been through it, if you need to decompress , PM me, I'll give you my # and email---Bill

Sorry to hear that. :(

I'm sure this is a difficult time for you, and your family.

-Kevin

My family's prayers are with your sister and your family. I know that the holidays are especially difficult when a loved one is suffering.

Remember to recognize the blessings in your life, in order to keep the darkness at bay.

G.D.

Sorry to hear,it hits all to close to home.
After going thru and experiencing a similar illness to a family member, my prayers go out to you and yours for strength.
Its effects so many more than just the ill.
And TRF is a great place to let it out/talk ,ect.
Alot of great folk here.

Your sister, you, and all your family are in my prayers. I lost my sister to breast cancer that spread through her body in a very similar way. Its been more than 15 years now but it still hurts, we miss her.

Prayers here too. It's not a good time, but there is never a good time to hear this sort of news. Hang in there...

I'll add you and your family to my prayer list.
I lost my mother 13 years ago the Brest Cancer.

Heartbreaking news. I'm so sorry. I wish your sister, you, and your family the best. The time you have been given is a gift. Stay strong for her. Simon

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. It really is appreciated. Updated news is that she was put into hospice yesterday. I am sure they will make her as comfortable as possible in her final days. Unfortunately this will be putting a major damper on the holiday season for us this year, and probably a minor one in years to come. Always sucks when this happens on or near a holiday.

I will update again when I can.

Not good news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My sister has travelled to the afterlife this morning. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.

I cannot believe I missed this thread. I am sorry for the loss of your sister...I wish you, her husband, and your family the best in this time.

God bless.

Sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers as well.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

-Kevin

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family...

Bob
TRA6797

My sincerest condolences for your loss. Remember that while you have experienced a loss, you are not lost. Tomorrow will arrive, as it has in the past, though with a little part missing.

Back