Simplified L3 certification documentation...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobtheshortstop

Reaction score
Does such a thing exist? I plan on going for my level certification this year and I would like to begin getting the documentation together to present to my L3CC for approval. However, like I'm sure a lot of us have been before, I have no idea where to properly start. I've been viewing and reading through the L3 documentation page and various build threads and it seems everybody does it entirely different, and much of it seems like they are over-explaining their builds. There is even one with 94 total pages!! I'm looking for a simple one to go off of. I already have the kit and a majority of the components to be added. Any help is appreciated.

I've seen a variety myself. Not sure what my page count is right now, but I e certainly been doing many diagrams etc along with explanations prior to build then updates while build progresses
I'm finding it interesting and not really that much of a chore.

Does such a thing exist? I plan on going for my level certification this year and I would like to begin getting the documentation together to present to my L3CC for approval. However, like I'm sure a lot of us have been before, I have no idea where to properly start. I've been viewing and reading through the L3 documentation page and various build threads and it seems everybody does it entirely different, and much of it seems like they are over-explaining their builds. There is even one with 94 total pages!! I'm looking for a simple one to go off of. I already have the kit and a majority of the components to be added. Any help is appreciated.
Bob,

I'm not a NAR LCC..but I am a TRA TAP.

I would contact a couple, a few...LCC to see if they are interested in being part of your process.

I would then ask them what they want/need from you.

Tony

FWIW, mine was 16 pages long, and had 10 sections: introduction, drawing, description of construction materials and techniques, description of recovery system components and operation, stability evaluation, expected performance/flight profile, pre-launch checklist, launch checklist, post-flight checklist, contingency checklist. I'd just go off of what the requirements say, with the approval of your L3CC.

Mine is about 14 pages long. It has some pictures of my electronics diagram, and a Rocksim model. As well as a screenshot from Thrust Curve for the motor I am going to use.

The paperwork was the easy part. The hardest part for me is getting TAP's to respond to my emails so I can actually begin the process.

Latest posts

Back