Showing off my 3x Solar Warrior

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
IMG_1161.jpeg

54mm body tube. 38mm MMT. The tube fins have been wrapped glass and the fins are 1/8” birch ply with TTW tabs. Weighs something like 1.7lbs. Has a Launch Lab retainer. Should fly real nicely on small Hs and will definitely make use of a JLCR.

Used to have a DD 4” version years ago and that beast was a real PIA to fly. The fins had their own zip code.

I am super happy with how this turned out.

And here is the Open Rocket file for it in case anyone wants to duplicate this...Also the graphics are rather different from the original. I thought the original typeface was ugly so what I have on here is what I think should have been on the original and it looks WAY better IMHO.

Attachments

• Solar Warrior - 54mm BT.ork
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful build.

Are you interested in an update to the ORK file that has the tube fins implemented properly? Asking before I spend the time on it.

Beautiful build.

Are you interested in an update to the ORK file that has the tube fins implemented properly? Asking before I spend the time on it.
yeah if it isn’t too much hassle. That would be really helpful!

Ohhh that does make a bit of difference. I was just going to throw a Alt2 or something to log the max alt and adjust the sim. I don't always like to do that so having this means I can get the delay that much closer. Thanks!

Ohhh that does make a bit of difference. I was just going to throw a Alt2 or something to log the max alt and adjust the sim. I don't always like to do that so having this means I can get the delay that much closer. Thanks!
Well, tube fins do create significant drag... please let us know the flight results and see how close the estimates are.

Well, tube fins do create significant drag... please let us know the flight results and see how close the estimates are.
You bet! I'll even try to shoot some video of it. Probably won't have an on-board camera but will definitely have a data-logging alt for sure.

Back