Shop lighting - T8 LED Fail...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sucked. I have some T8 LED bulbs from a brand called Euri and they worked the nuts with my fixtures in the garage without messing with the ballast. I bought them lo so many moons ago... I can not even find the email order...

Well one gave up the ghost (a nice little burn hole in it - yikes), but the ones I got from Home Despot today that are supposedly Type 'A', meaning they work with a ballast, don't do anything when installed :(
And the Home Despot I was at had no 'real' fluorescent lights. Heck they had no incandescent bulbs either! (I needed three way DIMMABLE.)

I don't have the dough to pay some electrician $150 to replace a $20 fixture that can use direct end T8 LED bulbs... which seem to be the norm now... so... Lowes still seems to have real fluorescent bulbs... too bad... I like the LEDs. I'll find out in the morning when I pick up my order

Turn the breaker off, measure the wires' voltage with a meter to be sure they're dead, and there is nothing to worry about. buy some of the new style wire nuts with the lever on the side; they're much safer, if that they can't fall off.

Back