Shock Cord Stowage Video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While you can't use your hand, the same over under figure 8 is how to coil up Coax with no tangles. My friend who at that time was doing video remotes showed me that. They are not allowed to have tangles in the video coax.

I had deployed a portable Ham park antenna in my back yard I was showing him, and when I started taking it down he said no, NO you going to tangle the Coax all up. I said Coax and Hoses and extension cords always do...

He said No they don't you need to learn how to coil up or wrap coax and cords...

I had deployed a portable Ham park antenna in my back yard I was showing him, and when I started taking it down he said no, NO you going to tangle the Coax all up. I said Coax and Hoses and extension cords always do...

He said No they don't you need to learn how to coil up or wrap coax and cords...
Art, funny timing on your saying this. My daughter was in a theater show over Christmas and at the end, I helped the stage folks break down the set. Since it wasn't my equipment, I asked before doing anything. The sound guy told me I could coil cords, but to make sure I did over/under. I gave him a puzzled look and then he showed me over/under wrapping on the cords.

Took me a minute to get the hang of, but now I do all my extension cords around the house how he showed me and no more twists!

Last edited:
I learned the over/under trick from youtube and I use it for cords and hoses. There is another technique for extension cords that is like some form of braiding- wrap them up that way and they won't tangle in the truck. When you need to use it you pull on one end and it unravels itself. And actually I've done a similar thing with long kevlar shock cords.

I learned the over/under trick from youtube and I use it for cords and hoses. There is another technique for extension cords that is like some form of braiding- wrap them up that way and they won't tangle in the truck. When you need to use it you pull on one end and it unravels itself. And actually I've done a similar thing with long kevlar shock cords.
You talking about the Electrician's Braid? I've used that, as well.

Back